Did you buy a maternity coat?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
Baby is due end of Feb & I'm thinking of buying a maternity coat. At the moment I'm just wearing my normal coat open, but don't think that will keep my very warm when winter hits.

Did you buy a maternity coat?

Any recommendations on where in the UK is good to get one? At the moment I'm looking at the 2-in1 coat from JoJo Maman Bebe & a padded Mama coat from
h&M.

I decided to spend the money on one and pay it over a few months rather than buy a second hand one it would be costly to return if it wasn't right. I got a winter coat from Bon Prix, which I saved 25% on as it was my first order and it has zip panels on the side so you can still wear it afterwards. It's a lovely colour and very warm xxxxxx
image.jpg

I was going to suggest Bon Prix as well, they've got some awesome styles that can even be worn after pregnancy. Some come with a zip panel that goes over a baby carrier and others just turn into a normal coat or both.

I have a Jojo Mama Bebe maternity coat though that I got for babywearing with my last and it's awesome. Have been wearing it as a normal coat for two years after LO outgrew the carrier and it still looks like new.

In Next you can buy zip panels to widen some of their normal coats if you want to wear it post pregnancy as well. Not seen them in person though, just on web

Had a look at Bon Prix there, but the coats start from size 10 & I'm normally an 8 - what are Bon Prixs sizes like? Amygdala - is your jojo one the 2-in-1 coat? If so did you go for your normal pre-pregnancy size or did you need to go up a size?

I decided to spend the money on one and pay it over a few months rather than buy a second hand one it would be costly to return if it wasn't right. I got a winter coat from Bon Prix, which I saved 25% on as it was my first order and it has zip panels on the side so you can still wear it afterwards. It's a lovely colour and very warm xxxxxx
View attachment 970241

Lovely!! I have copied off you and ordered one too lol xx

I got a make my belly fit coat extender, you can use it after baby is here for baby wearing too x

I just went into Primark and bought a coat in a couple of sizes too big, couldn't justify spending a lot of money on something I'd only wear for one winter, and I only paid £20

I've just bought one from Asda online. It was only £30 and has a removable panel like some others. I'm not very big yet so have taken the panel out and you'd never know it's a maternity coat so I may end up using it next year too.

View attachment 970241

Lovely!! I have copied off you and ordered one too lol xx

Ha, I hope you like it, I was very impressed when it came xxxxx

Had a look at Bon Prix there, but the coats start from size 10 & I'm normally an 8 - what are Bon Prixs sizes like? Amygdala - is your jojo one the 2-in-1 coat? If so did you go for your normal pre-pregnancy size or did you need to go up a size?

Yep, that's the one. I'm normally between two sizes and went for the bigger one, which has worked out perfectly.

No way, I'm too thrifty to spend good money on a coat just for pregnancy. My husband has some really nice autumn and down sweater jackets and my parka for -30 degree C Canadian winters has extra room for sweaters and fits me anyway. I've been getting compliments on my DH's knit woolly autumn jacket and he's happy to lend it to me.

No way, I'm too thrifty to spend good money on a coat just for pregnancy. My husband has some really nice autumn and down sweater jackets and my parka for -30 degree C Canadian winters has extra room for sweaters and fits me anyway. I've been getting compliments on my DH's knit woolly autumn jacket and he's happy to lend it to me.

I wish I could nab DHs coat but he's slighter than me when not pregnant! Doesn't stop me eyeing up his lovely grey coat with all the pockets, I got the cheapest I could find and as practical as it is, it's a bit ugly

Oh well if DH's stuff didn't fit and my winter parka didn't fit either I might splurge on a cheap 3/4 length down sweater or jacket extender. You just need to keep warm & snuggly, no fashion shows this year lol :haha:

Oh well if DH's stuff didn't fit and my winter parka didn't fit either I might splurge on a cheap 3/4 length down sweater or jacket extender. You just need to keep warm & snuggly, no fashion shows this year lol :haha:

You've got a point, I could be in the snazziest coat around but with my maternity belt, penguin waddle and ugly comfy shoes I'd still look a mess! :haha:

Hi Ladies, my JoJo Maman Bebe 2-in-1 padded coat arrived today. I'm normally an 8 & ordered that size & it's very roomy & comfy. At 21 weeks I don't need to add the extension part just yet, so this coat will definitely grow with me & best bit is I can wear it afterwards too.

It costs £65, but I found an online voucher for 15% off & free delivery, so ended up costing £55.

Voucher code is HZ92 in case anyone is interested 😊

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->