Did your name sound "weird" to you before baby arrived?

Emily2630

Reaction score
We picked a name a while ago--Ruby. DH loves it (his choice) and it's grown on me and I can't think of a name I like better. The problem is that it's starting to sound "weird". But I also remember feeling this was about DD's name before she was born and now I love it, so I think it's just that she isn't here yet and imagining calling her "ruby" is strange to me. Did anyone else think their baby's name sounded strange to say before the arrival?? Maybe I'm just being crazy! I don't think I really want to change it and I'm 38 weeks so not much time anyway!!

Yes I was exactly the same with DS and DD. I think its because I had a name but not a face to put it to (if that makes sense?) x

With ds we were team yellow. I felt weird about both nsmes we had picked. With dd we hadn't picked a name because they all sounded weird lol.

no, never - my kids have had their names picked since I was 12... they already exists they just need a body to inhabit

I did cry the day after he was born because he looked like an Alex at birth instead of Jake (I never liked the name Alex) and I couldn't imagine him being called Alex but that only lasted a day or too (while his face was still all squished and pruned) but by 6 months old his whole face changed completely and now he look exactly like a Jake and has the personality to match

glad no one let me change his name when I was hormonal and crying that would of been the biggest mistake ever and we would of been stuck with a name we despised based on how he looked at birth which would not suit him at all

I personally dont like the idea of using a name before bubs is here it seems odd to me ( we call this one muffin at the moment and DD was bug) I dont even want to settle on one, just be armed with a list of what we like

i think thats pretty normal. I was the same with dd's names

Yes, I was the same with all of mine. To be honest they all still sounded wierd to me for about a week after they were born. It's just surreal giving a brand new person a name!

I never really called her Alice while she was still inside. Of course, she was Alice... but I thought it was weird to call her that until she was born.

She was always bambino to me, my mum and sister called her Alice a few times before she was born though. One of my youngest sisters insisted on calling her by her full name, and still thinks it's double barrelled even though it's not! :dohh:

Deffinetly felt strange expecialy when my mom and sister would call her name through my belly but then again I was a first timer things were just weird but with my son we kept his name a secret till he was born but I felt totaly ok with it closer to due date. But this one dosnt have a name yetwe are team yellow and can't come up with anything I kinda like the idea of just going with a list we like and when me and dh have our alone time pick him or her a name

We only really completely decided on one of my children's names before she was born, we had the name before we'd even conceived, but we never called her it or referred to her as Evie until she was born, as I felt a bit odd calling her by her name before I'd seen her, even though it was 100% going to be her name.

I find this odd as im not sure I understand the question now... my future kids have their names 100% and me and OH talk about them like they are already here but like others have said my bump had a name of its own (Bubba) so that other people didnt know the names before birth (we all know how badly that can end)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->