Did your partner attend every antenatal class?

TrixieLox

Reaction score
Hiya,

I just got my notification through for our NHS antenatal classes - three two-hour sessions in the mornings of June.

I know I'm entitled to time off for them, plus I start maternity leave just in time for the last two anyway. But what about my husband?! He works full-time and isn't entitled to time off for them.

Is it standard practice for hubby to attend all, or just one?

x

I think some classes it's best for hubbie to attend so he can learn some important stuff (the stages of labour, what he can do to help etc) but others he might feel like he's a bit less involved.

I don't think fathers are entitled to time off for these in the same way that mothers are, but around us all the classes are evenings/weekends anyway so unless he works unsociable hours hopefully he'll be able to come along to at least some of them. It might be worth speaking to the instructor and asking which classes are more important that he be there if he won't be able to attend every one. They will have an agenda of what they plan to cover every week and I'm sure they can send you a copy.

My classes were at night which suited us good as he also works fulltime. My OH attended all the classes with me and they were good as we got alot of information out them and different ways to help me when im in labour.

Cxx

We took night classes because both of us work during the day and I worked till due date anyways, so he did attend all of them. They were actually quite helpful and he enjoyed them.

My Hubby is only attending 1 or possibly 2 as He can't get time off either. x

My husband attended all of them, but we purposely booked ourselves into an evening class. I'm self-employed, so I wouldn't have been able to take time off either because I was way too busy. I do think it's a great thing for you two to do together and allowed us to have lots of conversations about what we wanted for the birth and our future parenting choices as well.

i didnt have the option of weekend or evening classes but my OH attended one of the sessions (he booked half a days holiday). He attended the one about labour and what he can do to help...im hoping some of it sunk in :haha:

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->