Diet and hormones

keekeesaurus

NTNP or something like it
Reaction score
I've just been reading an article about matching your diet to your shape (I like reading articles about diets but I never do them :nope:) but was interested to read that being a pear shape could be linked to increased oestrogen levels/an imbalance in oestrogen. I seem to tick all the boxes (headaches/migraines connected to cycle, irritable and prone to mood swings, lots of cellulite, fuzzy headed and difficulty concentrating, water retention) and it got me thinking about diets and hormone imbalances.

Anyway, there's a TV programme on in the UK tomorrow night (Tuesday 1st November Channel 4 at 8pm) called The Food Hospital and one of the cases is a lady with PCOS so I thought it might be interesting.
https://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/medicinal-diets-under-microscope-in-the-food-hospital.

I'm all for natural remedies if possible and could do with going on a diet anyway so was wondering of any of you ladies have opinions/experience of this?

I am round...just like a chocolate button....coincidence? hmmmmmmm

Interesting. Where was the article, I´m runner bean shaped leaning towards apple as i get older.
I was looking in to the blood group diet, but i´m not sure i believe it. However when I get my bloods back and I know what type i am I might have another look and see if it rings true.
I don´t get channel four here so let me know if they say anything interesting RE fertility in general.

Nats, I tried the blood type diet and was not a happy camper...I think, like a lot of diets, it's just too general.

I really do believe, that if most people just paid attention to how they feel after they eat, one could easily determine what works for them...we tend to feel better about things when some 'expert' chimes in...

Now granted, I will eat a pizza and feel like crap afterwards and not give a rat's ass.:haha:

Yes me too, I know i feel better if I don´t eat bread, but i live with a French man so that just isn´t possible. I have never followed a diet in my life, oh no I lie, when I had candida I stopped sugar and alcohol and fungi, that was tough but I was really suffering so it was worth it.
I agree with you about listening to your body, hence i don´t drink much, but then now days I chose to suffer for a cake and not for wine, each to their own.

Nats, do you take acidophilous? I have found that it's a big help for me.

Yes me too, I know i feel better if I don´t eat bread, but i live with a French man so that just isn´t possible. I have never followed a diet in my life, oh no I lie, when I had candida I stopped sugar and alcohol and fungi, that was tough but I was really suffering so it was worth it.
I agree with you about listening to your body, hence i don´t drink much, but then now days I chose to suffer for a cake and not for wine, each to their own.

I've never followed a diet either.

I eat well,(and I include plenty of junk, but not at the expense of healthy food) and I also exercise vigorously,(not just walking) a few times a week. I am about 15 pounds too heavy, but I don't really care about that :blush:.

I don't honestly pay attention to how I feel after food :blush:. I just eat what I want and damn the consequences!

I think that in the states, our biggest problem is portion control. We simply eat too much! We might make good choices, but too many calories, even from good healthy sources, will lead to weight gain.

I've heard about the blood group diet, but as always, I'm a skeptic about the idea. I really don't think that my blood cares what type of vegetable I'm eating. :shrug: But, if it helps to loose weight and feel better, then go with it.

Keekeesaurus, I've been eating low-carb since 2004 and I have always sworn my cycles have never been more regular and easier to handle. But now all that's changed so I wonder if it was my imagination.

Natsby, I can't really eat bread either because of the water retention. I don't know if it's the yeast or the flour or what.

Nats, do you take acidophilous? I have found that it's a big help for me.
I do. But since I found Warburgia on the net I hardly ever have problems now. Works a treat. That and grapefruit seed extract.

Nats, the article was in a crappy Sunday paper supplement lol. But it's got me interested enough to do a bit of reading around. Especially if a change in diet helps my PMS which is a nightmare :blush:. My diet is horrendous so any changes will be good :thumbup:.

I'll watch the programme and report back!

But it's got me interested enough to do a bit of reading around. Especially if a change in diet helps my PMS which is a nightmare :blush:. My diet is horrendous so any changes will be good :thumbup:.

I'll watch the programme and report back!

Ummmmmm, yeah. If it helps with PMS, I'll give it a go :blush:.

That part makes me pretty miserable. I must hide it well though, b/c my husband of 12 years told me last week that he thought PMS was pertaining to after AF, not before. :haha:

I flat out was shocked and said, "You don't notice that I'm more irritable and short tempered before my period?"
He said, "No, you always seem pretty even tempered."

So.......apparently I internalize it all and freak out on internet chat rooms! :haha:

Ummmmmm, yeah. If it helps with PMS, I'll give it a go :blush:.

That part makes me pretty miserable. I must hide it well though, b/c my husband of 12 years told me last week that he thought PMS was pertaining to after AF, not before. :haha:

I flat out was shocked and said, "You don't notice that I'm more irritable and short tempered before my period?"
He said, "No, you always seem pretty even tempered."

So.......apparently I internalize it all and freak out on internet chat rooms! :haha:

:rofl:
God bless internet chat rooms :thumbup:.

I watched the programme but got interrupted by a big dog so missed what happened with the PCOS lady after all that but there's a website about the programme and about diet and conditions and stuff here :thumbup:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->