Dieting and surviving christmas

2bmum

Me, my lil man + WTT 2011
Reaction score
Has anyone got any ideas? I was on a diet when I reached a size 20 - gulp at 18. I am the sort who can just walk past a cake shop and put on a stone whereas my best friend at the time could eat the entire shop and not put on an ounce. I went on a diet and got down to a size 14 and was so happy. Then christmas came, I resisted for days but with the pressure of everyone going on at me to 'just enjoy christmas' and to go back on it in January I finally caved in and the diet went down the drain and I just couldn't seem to get back on the diet train.

I then was in limbo stayed at a 16-18 and before my pregnancy had got to a 14-16. I then fell pregnant and ballooned and in my final stages was in a size 22-24. I'm now in a size 20-22 and hate my body so much.

I went on a strict diet 4 weeks ago and am eating more healthily and steadily building up my exercising. I don't know how much I've lost as I'm gonna go get weighed at the docs on the 13th but feel my clothes getting looser.

I don't want to fall of the diet wagon again at christmas. Does anyone have any tips of how to survive christmas. I count calories and allow myself 200 more at weekends.

I know this is probably not what you want to hear but Christmas only comes round once a year (obviously :rofl:) so whenever i've been dieting around that time (and it's been for the last 3yrs!!) i've always said i'm not going to diet, i'll eat what i want but won't go overboard. I've always kept up with my exercise and luckily, i haven't gained that much. Just the odd 2lb or so. You could try that if you think you'll be able to cope?

Best of luck whatever you decide :hugs:

I think perhaps as I keep a food diary now, that might help me to realise what I'm eating over christmas.

It's my birthday on Monday too and am going for a meal so have already got the menu trying to work out what to have lol

I was on WW a couple of years ago over xmas and ate what I want over xmas day and boxing day. After that I got back on the wagon and still lost 2lbs - the only person in a class out of 50 that lost anything over xmas!

I think its important when on any diet to have everything in moderation, keep the portions to a sensible size and you will be fine.
Christmas is just once a year x

Also hun if you do stop your diet make sure you have a set date for going back on it for example 27th Dec? xxx

I found that once I had been dieting for a while my stomach had shrunk and I was too full to snack on crap at Christmas. Make sure you have a proper filling healthy breakfast like porridge and fill your plate with veg before you add meat to stodge you out etc. and the sight of a mince pie will make you ill heh. Don't limit yourself too much or you'll crack under the pressure but allocate a number of days for Christmas, say 24th - 26th. In fact with xmas being a Friday, you could say Thurs 24th - Sun 27th then you can get serious again on Monday. Then let yourself have New Years Eve & Day and that's it. I find keeping proper meal times helps cos you're less tempted to snack if you're full.

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll do that, have 24th-27th then back on the diet, stick to meal times rather than snacking all day, keep my food diary so I try not to go over the top. I'm veggie anyway which helps a bit.

But my biggest demon? Rum truffle cakes, like morrisons do. I've been obsessed with em since a child, least cake shops don't do em anymore, but they raise their ugly heads at christmas and I'm terrible for them. Will not buy any cos I'll scoff the lot :shy:

hi

iv been doing WW since feb,so this is my 1st xmas on a diet and i hav been worrying about this.
like some1 else said im going 2 hav afew days off counting points (prob fri -sun) but make sure i def start again on mon. im not goin 2 go mad just allow myself a few treats.

good luck with it xx

Thanks for all the advice, I think I'll do that, have 24th-27th then back on the diet, stick to meal times rather than snacking all day, keep my food diary so I try not to go over the top. I'm veggie anyway which helps a bit.

But my biggest demon? Rum truffle cakes, like morrisons do. I've been obsessed with em since a child, least cake shops don't do em anymore, but they raise their ugly heads at christmas and I'm terrible for them. Will not buy any cos I'll scoff the lot :shy:

Heh I'm veggie too, at xmas I just eat tonnes of veg and quorn roast lol.

Heh I'm veggie too, at xmas I just eat tonnes of veg and quorn roast lol.

I usually have quorn roast but have found a recipe for a veggie loaf thing, think meat loaf but veggie alternative, gonna have a go at making it, see how it turns out, make have a test dreive before christmas though.

Also just found out that my mum has booked a table foe a christmas dinner on the 21st, don't wanna be rude and say I'm not coming but thats another day of no diet, not sure what to do there. I asked if they're cooking from the other menue too but only christmas dinner. And she's booked 3 courses :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->