difference between cbfm and ovulation tests

sarahincanada

Love my lil miracle
Reaction score
hi everyone!
does anyone know the difference between cbfm and ovulation tests?
I currently use the smiley face ovulation tests (I get nervous with the other line ones...I worry that I wont know a positive until it starts fading and its too late). Ive read that the cbfm measures the LH surge and other hormones to be more accurate. is there any reason to use the cbfm AND smiley test ov tests? I know the cbfm is expensive, but I am willing to pay if its worth it. thanks in advance for any info :flower:

Hi! I've never tried any test but the cbfm. This is my first proper month to ttc but I used the cbfm last month. I like it because it is simple and I feel like I understand my body SO much better. I know 3 women who used it and got pg and had healthy babies. It is expensive but if it helps me become a mommy, that is well worth it!

hi sarah :hi:
yes, the CBFM meassures both LH and estrogen. estrogen goes up before the LH, so when estrogen increases (approaching Ov) the CBFM will say HIGH day and then when the LH surges (even closer to Ov), the CBFM will say PEAK day. so basically, the ain difference is that it will give you more warning before Ov.

A few comments:
- once the CBFM gives you a first PEAK day, it will automatically give you another PEAK day the following day and a HIGH day the day after. After that it will go to lows.
- the sticks are diff to the normal opk in that there is no control line. one line is the estrogen and the other one the LH. (i can tell you more about this if you end up using them - i was obssesed trying to 'read' the opks with my eyes, and took me a while to understand!)

hope this helps! :flower:
i got pg the fisrt cycle i used it, although TBH I am not sure if it was the CBFM or just coincidence!

Kosh- that was a WAY better answer than mine! :blush: silly me...

to Sarah- I got my egg this morning- SO exciting! If you have irregular cycles its a life saver- I wouldn't have known it would this early if I didn't have it. :thumbup:

good luck to you and let me know if you get a CBFM and how it works for you!xo

thanks ladies! Im just trying to decide whether its better that the regular smiley face sticks. Kosh I like that it gives you the high warning before, although we already start BDing every other night around CD6ish, so we are covered anyway.

Afamilygal good luck! hope sperm find that egg!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->