Difference between ttc at 40 v 41

BabaPu

Reaction score
Is there much difference fertility wise :shrug:

I have a 14 month old, who I instantly fell pregnant with, and will be 40 in August. I would love another but cant decide whether to try again within the next couple of months or leave it til the same time next year when I'll be nearly 41.

Obviously each woman is different, but I had my amh tested when I was 39, the month before I got pregnant with DS and it was almost 13. I've just had it tested again (am now 41) and it is 3.3! :(

Wow Fiona41 - that's quite a drop isn't it? :sad1: I wonder if I should get tested or if knowing would just make it worse.

What is the reason you might wait? I think it depends on that

If the reason isnt concrete, i really wouldnt wait. There's no point in dangling temptation in the face of fertility.

As another poster pointed out, everyone is different but I conceived my dd at 37 in our first cycle tcc and I am now pregnant again with a baby conceived one month before my 41st birthday our first cycle tcc again. So it can be easy but worth testing your fertility if you want to make an informed decision. We had to wait for job reasons but I would have tried sooner had I not started a new job after redundancy.
Good luck with your decision.

Tbh the only reason to wait was so that we could enjoy our lo on his own for a little while longer

We have had a more in_depth chat about it and have decided not to wait so will start trying once this months af is out of the way!

Babapu :hugs: right answer :thumbup: You were so lucky first time round to fall straight away and I have everthing Xed that it will be this way again for you but you never so know so it's good to get going asap just in case. Good luck :flower:

I had this decision to make too-I had dd at 37/ almost 38 after 1st cycle ttc & if I thought I would have had more time I would have liked to wait a bit longer. I'm now pregnant at 39/ almost 40 & am very glad I am but am beginning to worry about how we'll manage with 2 under 2 but I'm sure we'll manage like lots of people. It was third cycle ttc. I figured I'd rather get pregnant sooner & risk having difficulty juggling 2 babies + 1 teenager rather than risk not getting pregnant again.

As another poster pointed out, everyone is different but I conceived my dd at 37 in our first cycle tcc and I am now pregnant again with a baby conceived one month before my 41st birthday our first cycle tcc again. So it can be easy but worth testing your fertility if you want to make an informed decision. We had to wait for job reasons but I would have tried sooner had I not started a new job after redundancy.
Good luck with your decision.

your very lucky can i ask what what DTD plan you took/opks/vitamins etc

i am 35 and defo ovulating but think i am miss reading my fetility signs.

thanks

I think not to wait is the right decision.
I am 38 and worried about AMH too. I just had mine tested and its 6.6 or .93 on American scale and I think what was it just a few months ago...hmm maybe much higher.
I just wonder how accurate it is and I think I am going to get it tested again in a month or 2 as I was shocked at result which is on the lower and of low fertility.

I have been through a lot of stress in last few weeks, I wonder if that can affect it?
Good luck with your next bubba and keep us up to date with how you go.
Sharon.

I had a baby at 39/40 and had no issues. I had been trying since I was 41 and now I'm 44. I had 3mc and 1 d&e. I was on clomid and soy. I think some ladies differ but many of the ladies over 40 are having trouble concieving and mmc. My suggestion would be to try as soon as possible..Good luck.

I was extremely fertile in my 30's, 2 m/c at 38/39. I am 41 now and we decided to give it one more go around. In some ways I am disappointed that we let a few years go by but we are far more ready now and figure if it doesn't work out then we will be ok. Good luck with whatever you decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->