Dinner ideas 1yr+

S

Serene123

As title says really.. I need dinner ideas for my 1 year old :shock:

Yep Hayden eats whatever we eat. I have recently found TONS of recipes that I'm loving, I postedit in another thread but it's such an awesome site, you should check it out

www.weelicious.com

I've tried quite a few things already and everything has been great

By anything, do you mean anything, or a healthy version :lol:

Say I'm having pizza, should I make her a healthy one?

Oh yeah I would make her a healthy version of whatever you are having. We try to eat healthy as a family, but occasionally will have just really easy stuff so I try to keep things on hand that are quick to make but healthy for the boys.

ya, definately the healthy version! Really unless you know of any allergy she can eat mostly anything at that age.

We eat pretty healthy too... and pizza doesnt have to be unhealthy... if you do homemade pizza they can be quite healthy.

Joel has whatever i have, and on the occasion, i have given him pizza lol
x

Jasmine has whatever we are having, we tend to eat healthy anyway

omg pizza is my sons fave food, we ordered pizza one night when trying to put him to sleep, he was in the stroller, and the pizza came, he smelled it, and said hmmmm hmmm
lol, i see no problem in giving it once in a while. I feed him whatever I eat, unless it has honey, is milk, or is very spicy.

katie tends to have what we have anyway atm. that said, its not often we all eat together, but i take her to my mums in the afternoons and she has whatevr they're eating atm!

Valerie eats whatever we are eating for dinner...occassionally we let her have pizza, too. I think it's ok for them to eat a little bit of junk food once in a great while. Val loves pizza!

Gave my LO homemade Chicken ala King with rice for the first time on Monday and he LOVED it.

Other things we all like:

Bangers mash and peas (we hide the peas in the mash).
Beef / Lamb casserole with lots of different veg (a favourite)
Macaroni Cheese (sometimes add in extra veg or fish).
Spagetti bolognaise.

Have tried things like fish fingers, steam veg etc but he won't touch it.

I'm also looking for more easy to cook ideas cause as you can see I only have five options at the moment.

Chicken casserole
Butternut squash with tinned tomatoes and rice
burgers/sausages with potatoes & peas
Cauliflower with tinned tomaties and cheese
chicken goujons (good quality from butchers) with chips and sweetcorn

I'm looking for new ideas too!

For a quick and handy meal, heinz baby pasta stars with one of their pasta sauces - curry, sweet and sour, mediteranean veg etc

Yep like the girls have said hun, just whatever you are having! When I am cooking now I dont add any salt or anything until I have taken out Daisy's but other than that she has it all!

She loves everything! :munch:

Last night I made Homemade chicken and mushroom in blackbean sauce, I made my own egg fried rice and boiled some egg noodles then stirfried them with some veg and Daisy had the lot, scoffed it all!!!

I try and give Emm what we have but also make batches of stuff still as she doesnt always like what we have e.g. last night she hated chilli con carne!

Emm likes fish pie, cauliflower cheese, pasta with tomatoes and mince, macaroni cheese, chicken and veg mix, risotto, fish fingers, baked beans, baked potato and cheese, lasagne, sausage, burgers, yorkshire pudding and gravy (lol).

You can get a fish pie mix from Tescos which is good as I am v allergic to fish and cant touch it without getting hives! I just poach that in milk and add cheese sauce and mash. The chicken and veg I just boil in stock and a little apple juice then mash up together. Emm still prefers the baby pasta as she hasnt many teeth and it's easier to eat. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->