• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

dinner party scare help

joea

Reaction score
ive just been to my partners parents for dinner and his mum cooked me a frozen cottage pie ready meal. Unfortunately it was hot around edges and stone cold in the middle. when i noticed what was wrong i stopped eating but had already consumed most of it. I'm now be side myself with worry that ive subjected my baby to listeria. please help.

I'm sure it will be fine. There are usually fully cooked before they are frozen so the risk of there being anything in it is very small.

I wouldn't worry amjon is right they would have been cooked through before being frozen. If you didn't eat any of the stone cold bits I wouldn't worry, also beef doesn't need to be heated up to such high temps like chicken for example.

thanks guys. stupidly did eat a bit of the cold bit as i was too embarassed to spit it out in front of the guests.

thanks guys. stupidly did eat a bit of the cold bit as i was too embarassed to spit it out in front of the guests.

Even if it was cold it should be fine as the cooking before packaging would have killed any germs present and nothing would grow while it was frozen anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->