dinnertime mess

ButterCup17

Reaction score
My ds has always been a great eater. He's almost 13 months. However the past week or so he has been refusing dinner. Foods he usually loves even. Is this normal? It makes me worries that he's not eating enough bc he's skipping a whole meal. Plus I tried weaning from bf and he won't drink milk. I bf once when he wakes up and give him yogurt and cheese each day but he won't drink milk. Here's a typical day:
Wake up, bf
Breakfast, waffle with apple butter, handful of blueberries and a few strawberries
Lunch, grilled cheese sandwich and grapes
Snack, yogurt and banana
Dinner, I try to offer something like mac and cheese with shredded chicken and mixed veggies

Is he teething? My Los appetite always dipped when teething and she didn't like textures she had loved before (spat pasta out, of all things!).

Teething usually causes fussy eating here too. Sometimes they go through random phases though, Finley wouldn't eat any meal for a good few weeks he'd just cry the second I put him infront of it or throw it around. I just persevered kept offering the meals to him and he eventually started eating again (with an even bigger appetite!)

I think that sounds perfectly fine. They go through these phases, sometimes to do with teething or a cold coming on, but sometimes it just happens. Just keep offering a variety of things and not making a big deal out of it, and it will pass. My daughter went through a phase around 9/10 months (preceded by a bad chest infection) when she wouldn't eat anything but fruit or yogurt for a whole month. I would offer her things she would eat, along with the foods we were eating. She mostly refused it. Then one day she just snapped out of it and went back to eating normally again.

Although he's 13 months he actually still has NO teeth! So I'm not sure if he's teething or not. I thought he was teething twenty times by now and obviously never was nay of those times lol

I've read that before age 2, they get a lot of their nutrition from milk (breast milk included). As long as he's drinking, he'll do great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->