Dirty diapers?

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How long is too long to go without a dirty diaper? She hasn't had one since yesterday afternoon (plenty of wet ones though) and now I've got a screaming baby on my hands. She keeps burping but I don't know if she just has gas or if she's uncomfortable because she hasn't had a bowel movement in almost 24 hours? Eeek help!

as long as she doesnt go longer than every2-3 days should be ok.
jessica goes every 2days now at first she was every 3-4days

BF babies can go a week without you getting concerned - I think FF babies are supposed to go more often x

Dec would go every 2 days, so I wouldnt worry, once I put him on solids he began to go once a day xx

Hannah has gone as long as 3.5 days without going and been fine. If she seems uncomfy you can always try doing bicycle movements with her legs, a warm bath, warm cloth, or rubbing her tubby to help relieve gas (and hopefully help her have a bowel movement if she needs to)

Are you breast or bottle feeding? it depends how you feed them. My MW said its normal for a breastfed baby not to go for a few days but bottlefed should go everyday, if you are bottlefeeding it could be the fomular and you might need to change brands if she doesnt go for a few days.

It's normal,Lola also once went for about 2-3 days without one.

If she's gassy you can try pushing her legs towards her tummy,bicycle movements with them...
Warm cloth on the tummy always helped Lola,also massaging it and keeping her on her tummy helpes to relieve gas.

:hugs:

As everyone else said, it is normal. For a formula fed baby up to about 4 days is normal, for a breastfed baby up to about 6/7 is normal :) I have a friend who breastfeeds her baby, and she only goes once a week.

....and if you want to I think you can give a little cooled boiled water :)

Wow- London goes a couple times a day!! Maybe she is pooping too much?

wow practicaly evry nappy archie has done a poo lol

maybebaby and babezone:
Your LOs will slow down, too ;)
In the beginning they go several times a day but start to slow down at some point after 6 weeks. My LO has just started to go only every couple of days, and he is over 2 months now. He used to go something like 6 times a day!

All babies are different just like we are....some go 3 times a day and believe it or not some go just once a week. If bowel habits change to what they usually are then check with your health visitor or Dr and they will advise you babe:hugs:

She finally went, 38 hours later! Not after screaming blue murder for hours upon hours first though trying to get it out. I think a talk to the dr about her formula is in the works

She finally went, 38 hours later! Not after screaming blue murder for hours upon hours first though trying to get it out. I think a talk to the dr about her formula is in the works

What formula is she on?

You might not need to change formulas so quickly though. Sometimes it's a stage they go through. Chase went through a stage around 17 days old where he was constipated for a few days. He's been great since.

What formula is she on?

You might not need to change formulas so quickly though. Sometimes it's a stage they go through. Chase went through a stage around 17 days old where he was constipated for a few days. He's been great since.

She's on Enfamil A+ at the moment

I wouldn't change it just yet... Ask the doctor, but it is very common for babies to cry and scream when trying to have a poop... And some babies are more sensitive the others...

Yeah ask your doctor about it, Ollie poos several times a day at the mo! x

Glad to hear she went!! London cries and grunts up a storm when she is pooping - it's quite amusing to watch actually :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->