Disabilities Facilities Grant

hellbaby

Reaction score
Has anyone successfully applied for this? DD has ASD and sleep is a huge issue, I sleep in the lounge with her most nights as she shares a room with her little bro and keeps him awake. Her Clinical Psychologist suggested we apply for this grant to extend the house so she can have her own bedroom, and has written a letter of support. Anyhoo, when i called Social Services (Norfolk) to ask for a needs assessment, the lady was quite negative and said they are very strict with their guidelines. I've just sent off the Self Referral form they sent me which appeared to be aimed at adults with physical disabilities :wacko:. Any input welcomed :flower:

I don't have any help but I was under the impression the DFG was for adults/children with physical impairments also. I hope you get what you need though

Thanks for replying, yes it does cover adults/ physical disabilities as well, it's just that the form they sent didn't cover our needs, just a ticklist which didn't apply to us. I'll just wait and see what happens next- running out of fight iykwim!

Yep I know exactly what you mean. Have you tried CAB? they are helpful in situations like this. Or maybe your local council office

Hiya,

I am a mum to a 10 year old boy with autism. He has a lot of sensory issues and his O.T said he would benefit from a "safe space". We dont have space for this but she said it was v unlikely for them to offer this grant as the guidlelines are so strict but she did say that some charities may help so maybe thats something to look into.
I know how hard this lack of sleep is, I had been putting up with disturbed sleep for 9 years when finally they gave my son melatonin (i didnt know it existed). I was reluctant but they told me that it is what is naturally produced anyway but people with autism usually don't produce enough. It has helped alot, my son still wakes in the night sometimes but he goes to bed better now (by 10pm-used to be anything up to 2am)
I really hope you get the help you need xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->