Disabled mum to be

Yammas

Reaction score
Hi all

Sorry to intrude I just wondered if there's a forum for disabled parents? I'm partially sighted and looking for tips. Generally I am independent but the thought of simple things like toys being thrown and not seeing where they went or LO running off in public make anxious about how I'll cope.

Sorry if this is the wrong place

Hi. :flower:

I'm not sure this page has a forum specifically for parents with disabilities. Maybe check Facebook for groups and communities? That is generally a good resource. Or search online for forums and chat groups.

I can only imagine the stress you're facing. Facing parenthood for the first time is overwhelming for anyone!

And I can't speak for everyone, but you can stick around here to vent if you want. There may be other parents in a similar situation hanging around.

All the best. :hugs:

Hi,

I don't know about a forum but I just wanted to say my mum is fully blind and raised two daughters just fine. My dad died when I was 13 so she did those years alone. My sister and I are both happy, confident and successful and had a lovely childhood. Perhaps you could see if the rnib have any advice or helpful products? There's probably a facebook group somewhere too.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->