discomfort in top of bump?

Sam182

Mum to a 27 week preemie
Reaction score
Hi all,

For weeks I've had a discomfort between my ribs right at the top of my bump but now its really bad. Its like an almost itchy burning feeling. It stops if I adjust how im sitting but comes back again after 5/10 mins. Its also stopping me sleeping. Does anyone else have this?

No its in my bump. Its nothing like heartburn

I been having pain like that too... Its sort of like my bump is getting so big its pushing really hard in that area. It helps if I stretch out a little. Most of the time I do get it I am at work. I also get heartburn which feels like that too.

Yes, and it doesn't go away. Almost feels like when you've crossed your legs for too long and your foot begins to go numb. I'd think it's just a bit of reduced blood flow to the area =/

I get the same stupid pain, I know exactly what you mean. I found that mine is worse when sitting in certain chairs, like at my office, so my guess is it is just nerves being pressed or muscles being pushed up. But it is that burning pain. I hate it!

I've been having it too. Was at physio tonight and she sai it's called "rib curl". It's to do with the size of the baby and uterus pushing out the ribs a bit as it grows up into them. She said it can be anything from an ache to a burning sensation at top of bump. She says not a lot can be done about it but that sometimes stretching up one arm at a time and slightly leaning to side to stretch your ribs away a bit can help (dunno if that made sense but dunno how to describe the exercise she showed us) xxx

me too. A combination of pressed nerves, pressure on the ribs, braxton hix and stretched out muscles and skin. Bummer!!

are you swollen? hows your blood pressure? when i was swollen my midwife said to look out for pain in right upper bump as could be a sign of pre-eclampsia. Prob nothing but if your suddenly swollen check your blood pressure or speak to your midwife

I've been getting that too in the past week. While sitting I've had it longer - assuming it's because there isn't much room so everything is being pushed up.

When laying, it's almost dagger like. Sorry I have no advice for you, but I do find laying on my left helps (I prefer sleeping on my back or right side).

Its definitely not pre-e as thats what I had with my son and I'm being constantly monitored. I'll try thw exercises as that's what it sounds like :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->