Discussion about ELCS after 3rd/4th degree tear anyone?

tu123

Reaction score
Hey peeps
I am still unsure about having a C Sec this time round after my 3rd degree tear.

History, is that i pushed for 90 mins and just before the MW was about to cut me i tore.

I had it stitched under a spinal.

Ten days later it had to be redone as it had got infected and the stitches had popped. I thought i was in labour again!

A year on i still have "pressure" down below, painful sex and sometimes a bleeding bumhole-it seems much closer to weewee hole than it used to! Also terrible freguency and urgency-never had a uti involved.

Today i took my daughter to the park after a bit of grocery shopping in Sainsburies where i had just been to the loo-40 ins after the last time at home. An hour and a quarter later i am bent double trying to unlock the front door and get us both in.

I legged it up the stairs-poor LO still in her buggy ooking perplexed. Got in the loo to find my pants and trousers were wet:blush: Couldnt hold it in and couldnt even feel i was going!

It is these times i am desperate for a ELCS.

BUT, i have read such conflicting evidence in teh medical journals. Some say, have an episiostomy to help prevent reoccurance. Some say the episiostomy may extend to the anus during the pushing anyway.

Some say it is 50/50 whether you will have another 3rd.

Some say better care is required from the MW. But how do you expect to get that on a ward these days? Apparently, in the uSA MWs feel ashamed when their patient gets a 3rd degree tear. None of that here. But it signifies how important careful MW attention and control is.

Some say that being on all fours is better to prevent teh tear. But others say it can cause too much striction on teh perineum so it is best to avoid.

Some say it isnt the tear that causes both types of incontnence but the fact that the body was in the birth canal too long after the head comes through. But, if that then means you may require forceps assistance you are even more likely to tear.

So as you can see, i am very confused with all the research out there and there really seems to be no recognised plan of care following 3rd/4th tears an dsubsequent pregnancies.

One part of me fears the idea that i will be refused. One part of me fears the C Sec itself-not the pain-i went through bucket loads already-just the risks. Although i did get a DVT a week after the birth of my LO.

One part of me wants to try a vaginal birth again but th erisk of double incontnence is high. I can barely feel my pelvic floor even now:nope:

Aaaaggghhh!

i have booked myself for elective c/s on 2nd april with my second child.with my first 1 i was in labour for 46 h i had epidural and in the end i almost lost my son coz he stuck in birth canal(he came out not breathing and blue they done cpr for over 5 minutes on him) they perform forceps and vacuum and fucked up my hips for life as i was suffering on spd they cut me and i tear and that was when my epidural was wearing of so basically i felt everything and later at home stitches broke and i had to go bk to the hospital to repair untill now i suffer from painful piles which popping out of my butt everytime i sneeze or bend over.that was worst nightmare my son has big scar on his head and he is 11 months old when he was pulled out we was so stressed out crying for week didnt want to eat being on pain relief since the minute he was born thats not fair on him.so i went for my consultant appointment few weeks ago and asked him for c/section he ask me why i want 1 i started crying and telling him what horrible my experience was thank god he agreed.
whatever you decide is totally up to you but im going for c/section this time
good luck honey!!!!!!!!

I had a 3rd/4th degree tear with my LO (nobody can decide) they have never been concerned when I talk about the weeing side of things, its mainly the back they are bothered with, I had a bad recovery and get bleeding, pressure etc and urgency and my pelvic floor does nothing even when I try holding things in, sex has been painful ever since too and I never know I need the loo either end until im desperate and have to run for it, I spent a long time deciding but have ended up booking a section for 11th may
I decided I can cope with my tear problems the way they are but don't want to have to deal with anything worse! I know there is no guarantee that I would tear again but I don't think it's worth the risk to wait and see! x

Thank you both so much ladies.

I appreciate your honesty.

I see the consultant this week in the perineal clinic-joy of joys! So i hope for more info then.

And good luck for your births! So soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->