disgusted with my hospital

nicksi27

Reaction score
Im so upset. Ive got excess fluid and have been told this might be just normal for me or it might be an abnormality with the baby. The doctor arranged a detailed scan for 3 weeks time. I went in the other day with reduced movements (my 6th admission for this problem) and they brought my scan forward to 19th april and sent me home. Fast forward two days and im sure the fluid is increasing even more, i feel breathless and cant sit up or walk around because i feel like my bump is so hard and painful ive been in tears all day. Im petrified my baby has developed problems and im gonna lose another baby. My OH just rang the hospital and they said not to come in coz they cant scan on the maternity department and to take paracetamol if im in pain. I feel at a total loss, i dont know if my babys got something wrong with him and cant help him if he has because my hospital doesnt wanna know and just expect me to wait until a week on fri :'( sorry for the rant i just cant believe how ive been treat. I think a mothers intuition should be trusted more

That's horrible to be left hanging! :( is there anywhere else u could go for second opinion? Like another hospital or your doctors? They should understand the stress this is putting u under! :(

:hugs:So sorry, your being treated like that. I f its possible find a new hospital,I would never want to go anywhere near that place if it makes me fell upset, which also can't be good for the baby or you... good luck:thumbup:

I would complain to PALS at the hospital - you will defo get a response and hopefully some action! :hugs:

I'm sorry that you're going through this. I think the staff don't realise how awful it feels to be helpless especially if you intuitively know you need help. Have you tried Triage or even the day assessment unit? They usually see you immediately. I think you should insist on an earlier scan, you need to know what is happening in there.

Best wishes for you & your little one!

Definitely trust your intuition and get checked out whether you go to the ER at that hospital or a new one! Hope everything's ok with the baby:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->