Dizzy spells and fainting?

Linzi

Prodest mummy ever
Reaction score
The past few weeks Ive had quite a lot of dizzy spells where Ive been blacking out and shaking afterwards. But Ive just fainted getting out of the bath and I can't really remember much just feeling dizzy when I stood up and then in a heap in the bath with the shower curtain pole pulled down. Of course Matt is out on a walk with Seth so Im here on my own. Thank god I didn't hit my head.

Im worried about this keep happening so randomly... Im at home on my own with Seth most of the day (6am-6pm) and Im worried Ill end up hurting him or me :(

Do you think I should get checked out? Never really had anything like this before and Im not sure if its normal... Im eating and drinking enough so not sure whats causing it.

Just thought actually I have lost about 12lbs in the last 5 weeks. Maybe a cause?

I got rushend into hosp last night in an ambulance. They think I might be having some sort of fits. My blood pressure and iron levels are fine so not sure whats causing it.

Bah :(

xxx

Hope you are feeling better. I had something similar last year it was bloody scary as I blanked out a few times on my own with the kids & like you I was carted off in an ambulance!! I had test done for months & in the end the docs put it down to a virus attacking my immune system!! I hope you find out whats wrong & can take something to right it :hugs:

Ah hun hope your feeling better and hopefully they'll find out what is wrong x

I got a phonecall from the hosp this morning (they wanted to keep me in overnight but I couldn't because of breastfeeding Seth) and they made me a GPs appointment this afternoon.

Now they think it's either diabetes or a thyroid problem. Apparently it can be triggered by childbirth. All of the thyroid problem symptoms sound very similar though.. depression, anxiety, low sex drive, bad joints (been through lots of tests and they put this down to arthritis?), fatigue, hair falling out, scaly skin (which I always assumed was excema!).

Baaaaah :(

xxx

:hug:
Ah hun sorry to hear that, just googled about thyroid after childbirth and it looks like it can be sorted hopefully, Let us know how it all go's. Hopefully they will fix it and your be back to normal, at least you got some sort of explanation now x x

Yeah thats the thing. If I know what it is then I can do something about it. Which is my main concern because Im so worried about being on my own with Seth. Ive nearly collapsed a couple of times today as well. Im just totally out of it lol

xxx

Can anyone come round to yours for a couple of days until you have seen doc again ? x

:hugs:Hope you have lots of people to help out with Seth as I know how worrying it can be! Not sure if I am mistaken but did you post recently about after pains I am sure if you did you told the docs about them as it could be connected. Let me know how things go & take it easy :hugs:

My partners mum is helping me today, and then we're going away for the weekend so we should be ok... then Im getting my blood test results on Tuesday.

They asked me if Id had any pains and I told them and the doctor looked concerned but then didn't mention it again so I dont know lol. Im really confused.

xxx

Glad your not goin to be on your own, If you have to be on your own make sure your near a phone, seth will be fine as long as he is in a safe place. Good luck for the results on tues and make sure you have a relaxing weekend x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->