Do BFing positions change?

lunawaffles

new mom of 1
Reaction score
LO is holding his head up really well, just needs support sitting (4 months old and HUGE), but whenever I breastfeed with my arm around him, it seems like he's too big for this position now? The only way BFing works great is when we're laying down. I try cross cradle, but he gets mad when I hold his head- he likes to be free. In the regular BF position, it just seems like he's uncomfortable, and he has to bend his head awkwardly to eat. Is there a position I don't know about to change it up when babies get more head control or just get too big to be in the crook of my arm?

Thank you in advance!

We don't always do this, but sometimes Owen like to sit up when nursing.

Can he sit on your lap facing you? you can do that sitting up or if you lay back a bit you can be tummy to tummy? My guy likes to sit on my lap facing me, he's much older but it worked okay when he was younger too :)

We most often use a variation of the cradle hold.

I sit crossed legged and Logan lies in the crook of my arm with his legs on my knee but his bum drops down between my legs iykwim?

I was struggling with finding a comfy position as he got bigger and we've found this one by accident.

Its really comfy :)

I was going to suggest him sitting up straddling your knee. It's very chilled and there's loads of videos online. - often known as "laid back" breastfeeding.

Do you have a baby carrier? I breastfeed my 3m old in the Ergo, because it helps avoid reflux and I can walk around. I literally go everywhere like this, because she loves to pacify, not just nurse. Haha, really, anything to keep her from crying, because she doesn't take a pacifier.

Nursing.jpg

Thank you for all the replies!! Sorry I'm so late replying myself.

I've tried the sitting up position and he just gets mad and won't turn his head to face me. And the cradle hold I can't do cos he hates when I hold his head, but I didn't try this when he was in my lap though. I have a baby carrier, and the picture really helps, I'll try it. Hopefully his carrier (babybjorn) will let me do this. I would love to be able to walk around and breastfeed sometimes, especially cos I think he's teething and breastfeeding A LOT.

Thank you for all the replies again, I will be trying all of your suggestions!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->