do i count cd1 as day after surgery to remove eptopic??

kazimotto

Reaction score
hi does anyone know if i would count the day after surgery to remove ectopic and fallopian tube as cd1? i was bleeding before that but now i know that was actually not a mc and internal bleeding so that wouldnt count? i only bled for one day after surgery then very light spotting for two days afterwards. i am just trying to maybe work out when i would ov and to count next days to new cycle. xx

I wish I knew the answer for you. I always waited until I got my first period after my m/c before I started counting days again.

Hi Kaz, sorry for your loss.

I have been counting the days since ERPC just so i know how long it is till my first AF, then, as Lea says, i would count the first day of AF as day 1.

Apparently women often dont ovulate after mc, im not sure if thats the case with ectopic though, i got this from ectopic.org but im sure you already know, but just in case:

When can I expect a period after my ectopic and will it be painful?
Your periods can take a while to re-establish and they can re-start anything between 2 and 10 weeks after surgery, or once hCG levels have fallen below about 100mIU/mL. It’s a waiting game really.

Most women find that their period arrives sometime around week 6 or 7 after surgery, and at some time in the 4 weeks after their hCG levels have fallen to 0 if treated with Methotrexate.

The first period may be more painful or less so than usual, heavier or lighter, last for longer or shorter than usual - there really is no set pattern. You should be able to manage the discomfort with over-the-counter pain relief and should not be soaking a pad in less than an hour. If this is not the case, you should seek medical attention. Your periods may be a little irregular or erratic but broadly speaking, doctors consider periods of between 23 to 42 days to be within normal parameters. If the first day of your last period was more than 42 days ago, make an appointment with your doctor to discuss the possible reasons for this.

Following surgery, we usually advise you wait for 2 of these cycles before trying to conceive again, to allow your body to heal and your emotions to surface and be dealt with. In the case of treatment with Methotrexate, we advise you to wait for at least 3 months after the last injection and if you had two injections some doctors suggest 6 months.

wishing you a speedy recovery x

thanks natoPMT, really appreciate u looking that up. u never know what to believe really. doc told me to just wait one period then try again, and said i would ov and be much more fertile, will just have to play the waitin game...xx

i know, theres so much conflicting information and lots of the studies show different results, so do what you feel comfortable with - whatever you decide you will find evidence for and against it

theres some sites say if you dont wait for at least one cycle, you might have a higher risk of mc, others that say it doesnt matter, but it seems fairly generic that docs like you to wait at least one AF so they can date any future pregnancy from your first AF date, they wont/cant use your operation date to do this as the next few weeks all sorts of hormonal stuff will be happening and its not a good indicator of when you ovulate if you did conceive before your first af.

some sites say that if you dont wait, you might have an anxious first few appointments and scans as they wont know how old the sac is, therefore if there should be a baby apparent yet, and how big it should be etc etc, but then some bumpers have posted that their docs just told them to go for it

you decide whats right for you - if you dont mind scan probs and arent as anxious (which you might not be, if they can see the sac they know its in the right place in your case), however, make sure your cervix isnt still open after surgery before you get down to it as it will increase your risk of infection, and thats something you defo dont need. You might want to wait given that risk.

x

kaz,
With my tube removal I counted day after surgery as day 1 especially bcuz my dr said to wait 3 months to try again and wanted it to hurry up. But dont be suprised if your first AF is all wacky. Plz feel free to msg me if you have any questions.

I got something like :af: start a few days after my ectopic surgery so I was able to count the bleed as CD1. If I didn't have that I guess I would have counted the day after surgery as CD1.
With my second ectopic it resolved naturally (and painfully) but again I had an :af: type bleed. Have just realised, to my surprise, I think I ovd 2 days ago which is very early for me in a cycle :shrug:

All the best for future success :dust:

ps. since the second ectopic I have been and got tested for chlamydia and gonhorrea because that is one of the main causes for blocked tubes and ectopics. It was a quick/simple test and the treatment is just a single dose of antibiotics. As it turned out I was clear for those so I don't know what has damaged my tubes...
Not saying I think you have an STI or anything but, in my case, my ex 9 years ago was a cheating b**stard so who knows what he might have given me.

hi girls thanks for that. i thnk i will just wait to see what happens naturally, then take it from there.

2016 - when they did the op they said both tubes were really healthy so it was a shame they had to remove one. i have three kids already so cant understand why all of a sudden this would happen, maybe my age, 34! but docs said as other tube healthy should be fine, still scared tho. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->