Do I need to feed more meat?

H

HKateH

We don't eat a lot if meat - maybe once or twice a week (discounting a takeaway once at the weekend, which LO doesn't have anyway). My fourteen month old eats what we eat mostly. He has meat maybe once a week, although he's at nursery two days and they feed meat daily. I make sure he has a portion of protein with each meal and he eats fish pretty regularly. Is this ok or should he be getting more meat?

Today will look like this:

B: toast, weetabix and blueberries
L: Thai green curry with fish, vegetables and brown rice
Snack: wholemeal banana loaf, milk, something from our plate when we go for lunch
D: lamb kofta (leftover from our tea last night), tzatziki, pitta, cherry tomatoes
S: scrambled egg

I think that sounds fine. We don't eat much meat either and my daughter probably only has it once a week (if that) at home. She does occasionally have it for lunch at nursery, but they also do lots of vegetarian meals, so it might only be one extra time a week. As long as you are feeding a wide variety of other protein sources, I'd think your LO is getting all he needs. I think that this age most babies don't necessarily eat a lot of meat and they get what they need from other things.

Fish is considered meat and it sounds like he has a great balanced diet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->