Do I ovulate very late??

LittleMum

Mum to 22 mth old and ttc
Reaction score
I'm a bit confused as seen a few posts saying that you're lucky if a BFP shows up on 10dpo and to leave it a couple more days.
I'm currently 8dpo and due AF in 2 days when I will only be 10dpo. So judging by past threads that's still too early to test even if AF doesn't show?!
So does this mean that I ovulate later than the majority? Confused.com

I think it means luteal phase .. the time between ovulation and period starting usually. Think average is 14 days..

Thank you!!! So mine is only 10 days? Does that affect fertility etc? Xx

I dont think so! I would say have a look on google, but we all know thats lethal lol!

Littlemum - I have a 10 day LP too (is there anything we dont have in common?!!) I ovulate late - cd16/17 and then AF shows up on CD27. I read a lot about this first time around as was worried that a short LP can affect fertility.

From what I can gather, a short LP (anything less than 10 days) *can* be a problem because your womb lining isnt thick enough or something, to allow a fertilised egg to implant (I think thats what it is - feel free to correct me, anyone else!) However, I know that I was having a 10 day LP when I conceived DD and it didnt cause me any problems so I'm not at the stage yet where I'm stressing about it and dont think you should either! Esp as this is your first cycle off BC and you dont know yet when AF will show up. You might have a longer LP and an overall longer cycle, meaning your LP isnt 10 days anyway, if that makes sense?!

Good luck! XX

Hi! I have read that drinking red raspberry leaf and nettle can regulate your cycles, strengthen the lining and prolong the LP.
https://www.whattoexpect.com/blogs/...-supplements-raspberry-leaf-tea-and-b-complex
This is my second cycle TTC and I drank red raspberry leaf tea up until OV and then kept drinking nettle. Studies are inconclusive as to weather raspberry leaf tea helps prevent miscarriage or causes it, even though many women use it throughout their pregnancy.
Google a bit to make an informed choice :)

Well i have just looked back at the last known time of ovulation for me (january) and my LP was only 11 days!! so im in the same boat.. i had a positive ovulation last weds so say i ovved on thursday AF should be due monday, but my period tracker has it down for weds..! so now im confused lol, my january cycle AF came on CD28

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->