Do lines differ with hpt sensitivity? Please help!

mrsmax

Cautiously PAL
Reaction score
Hi ladies and congratulations on you pregnancies. I have been getting positives since 8dpo. However dpo9 and dpo 10 had darker skinned than today's at dpo 11 however the previous tests were 10miu sensitivity and today's was a clear blue plus which is 25miu. Would that explain the lines darkness or am I looking at chemical?

I'd have thought yes, that would make a difference - also are the others a blue dye test too, like the clear blue? Because I've read that the pink dye ones are much clearer/bolder than blue.

I would have thought that senitivity of a test would definately make a difference. Sounds very positive but you could try a digi if your worried and you'd know for sure then. Good luck

Also bear in mind time of day, how much fluids you have taken on... could be other factors explaining the difference.
When I had my chemical, my test lines barely got any darker from day 1 of testing to day 4.

Yes, the sensitivity will make a difference. Say you have a hcg level of 20. A 10miu test will show a clear positive at that level, whereas a 25miu test will still be negative (because it only detects levels above 25). I'd never compare different types of tests, let alone different sensitivities. Even if you repeat the same type of test, the darkness of the lines isn't really a reliable indicator of hormone development, as individual tests can differ in the amount of dye in them and other factors. So bottom line: Don't worry! Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Thanks everyone. The clear blue were the only ones in the shop on new years day!! Will buy the pink line ones today and hope for best. Sophie I think we were in MayMiracles together. How are you doing now?

Hi Mrsmax yes I've definately spoken to you before. I'm good thanks, I lost the baby I had due in April but was lucky enough to fall pregnant again after only 1 cycle. Currently 11 weeks on Monday and all better so far this time. Suffering terribly with nausea though. Glad you've got your BFP now X

Definitely. Same thing happened to me when I took a first response and then a clear blue a few days later was barely visible 0_o. It also depends on how much dye is in each individual test. For example you can have slightly lighter first response tests after a super dark first response test. All tests are NOT created equal.

I took far too many FRERs this pregnancy (well, actually all 5 of my pregnancies). Last pregnancy (my first successful), my lines progressed wonderfully, steadily getting darker.
With my chemicals, they progressed a bit, then stayed the same or got lighter.
This pregnancy, my lines didn't even get to the same darkness, and stayed there a few days. I think I stopped testing when I still got a 3+ with CBD- around 5.5 weeks- which was also later than my previous pregnancy. So- I was sure it would be ending soon. However, I'm now at 12 weeks and still hear a HB on doppler (last saw it at 7w)... so I don't trust progression anymore!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->