Do u think they'll wait til her due date ?

Linz88

Mummy 2 Kayah + BbyBump K
Reaction score
I had my l.o on the 5th june @ 29+3 weeks she weighed 2lbs 14! She didnt need oxegen n was on cpap for about 24 hrs, she has been on full feeds for 2days nw! The only problems she has is a minimal ivh which hadnt gt ne worst wen she was last scanned! Ive read they cn usualy go hme after they gain weight\cn keep dere temp up & can SSB! How long was ur l.o in thr nicu for?

My lo was in until 2 days before her due date but she was an extreme premature and was on oxygen until 38 weeks gestation.

As your lo only needs to feed and grow you will hopefully be home well before your due date.

Thhanks chik- i hope so xx

My boy was born at 33+2 and came home at what would have been 36+6. I made a friend in there who had a 29 weeker and he also went home around the 37 week mark. I think it is all very individual though but hopefully you will be home before your due date.

Sophie was born at 27 weeks, weighing only 1lb13, and she came home 6 days before her due date. She was allowed to spend the 2 nights before that in a room on the neonatal unit with us so we got used to her while the nurses were still around.

We could have had her home a week before that but on oxygen, but we decided to give her some more time to see if she could come home without it, and she did. I don't know why they wanted to send her home on it because she wasn't on it during her last 2-3 weeks in neonatal!

Sophie was 7 weeks in ICU, 3 in HDU and 2 in special care. She was on a ventilator for a day after she was born (managed 30 mins without it as soon as she was born but then got tired), had CPAP for 10 weeks but was spending a lot of time off it. She went into a heated cot at 8 weeks and a normal cot at 10 weeks. Had her first attempt at breastfeeding at 9 weeks and started properly at 10 weeks.

Hope this helps - every baby is different though and progresses at different rates so don't get disheartened if your LO doesn't reach the same stages at the same times as others. I thought Sophie was really slow coming off CPAP compared to others but she suddenly progressed really fast and still came home before her due date. xxxxxx

Aw fanks girls and ye im not reli in a rush to have her home i jus wish i hd something to count down too and i reli dont think she'll b in til her DD shez doin sooo wel! Im glad both ur babies r doin soooo wel :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->