Do what you gotta do?

redberry3

Love My Little Peek <3
Reaction score
Just curious....how many of you feed your baby what works? Alexander has recently proved that he only likes things mixed with a fruit yogurt.....it could be spaghetti and meat sauce and as long as i put a banana yogurt in with it, he will eat.

anyone else have to add something to your LO's food in order to ensure they eat their solids??

:nope: i don't know what else to do? :shrug:

:rofl: oh my spaghetti with banana yogurt

:hugs: I think most of us do what we have to do. Sometimes Hannah won't eat and I'll give her something else (that I know she'll eat) or mix it with something that I know she'll eat to get food down her

I'd just keep trying to introduce the food solo...maybe one day he'll surprise you and take it without the added yogurt and fruit

:rofl: oh my spaghetti with banana yogurt

:hugs: I think most of us do what we have to do. Sometimes Hannah won't eat and I'll give her something else (that I know she'll eat) or mix it with something that I know she'll eat to get food down her

I'd just keep trying to introduce the food solo...maybe one day he'll surprise you and take it without the added yogurt and fruit

what if i did them solo with plain yogurt? and then slowly weaned it out?? :rofl:

situation last night - made this apricot, sweet potato and chicken puree.....hates it.....add half of it to half a yogurt....eats the whole bloody thing :hissy: BUT if I gave him the casserole with the yogurt one bite and the next bite just the casserole he would catch on and get mad!!!

:dohh: gaaah!

Oh no.. sounds like you're having fun :rofl: :hugs:
Not much suggestions other than keep going with it and gradually phase it out?

Harry only likes finger foods.... which leave him hungry. So what I do is, when he has something in his hand and is just about to put it in his mouth, when he opens his mouth I sneak in with a spoon full of food!

I would try to do it without first and than with yogurt if he won't eat it.

I don't think so. Hannah eats a yogurt cup every day and has for several months now

my daughter hates anything homemade, ive brought a lindam baby blender to puree foods but she spits it straight out. she only likes baby jar food, bananas or yogurht. she takes a real interest in food that hasnt been pureed or mashed so im tryin finger foods at the moment but she doesnt seem to eat as much.But its all a learning curve for them and us.

We went through a very similar thing with Alfie, he wouldnt eat anything savoury whether homemade or from a jar. We tried mixing it with sweeter things but that didnt work either, so we used to try and catch him out by giving him a couple of spoonfuls of something he liked and then putting a savoury spoonful in quickly, he never ate more than about 5 savoury spoonfuls a meal though but happily ate yoghurts and fruit purees all day. My GP told me not to worry though and just carry on without making a big deal out of it and sure enough, the past couple of weeks he cant get enough of savoury and will happily finish off a complete meal now - its like having a different child now!!

Yogurt is good for them... You just dont want him to get too attached to just eating yogurt.

Although Jasmine never really likes any jar meats or dinner jars... But she will eat anything if its a finger food now.

Dont worry, he will be gobbling up everything you give him soon enough.

also if your comfortable with it, you can start giving him finger foods to play with if you haven't already :D

oh no will he feed himself, rhys shakes his head at spoons. i just give him what we eat, wether its curry, lasagne, he's just gobbled down garlic and herb pasta balls and red pesto, garlic bread, side salad of tomato's cucumber and onion lol.

he might be trying to be more independent :shrug: rhys will eat mains and desert though all at once he was eating half banana in one hand tomato in the other.

Harry only likes finger foods.... which leave him hungry. So what I do is, when he has something in his hand and is just about to put it in his mouth, when he opens his mouth I sneak in with a spoon full of food!

I do this too, AJ loves raisins. So we have raisins on his tray and mummy with a spoon! :blush:
I also sometimes have some food ready for when he's finished his meal of finger foods, he gets sick of feeding himself :shrug:

I would just do what works. Try the food without first and then add what you need to to get it down after. At this point I wouldn't worry about it too much. They change so fast that next week he might decide he doesn't like yogurt anymore :)

Edward's Dr said that yogurt (milk products but not milk yet) was good to add after 7 months so E has been eating it for a few weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->