Do you change your ticker?

hunni12

Mum To Rj&WTT#2
Reaction score
Whenever your LO is measuring bigger or smaller on your ultrasound?

My ticker is one day ahead but I'm not changing it. If it was a week ahead or behind I probably would.

Nah. They don't change your due date unless it is a week's difference. My official due date is Dec. 3rd, but baby is measuring at Nov. 30th. Not a big enough gap to bother.

Plus, that can always change. My last baby measured perfect according to her conception date for a due date of Feb. 5th. They did another ultrasound ON my due date since she hadn't come yet, and she was measuring 2-3 weeks behind! Ended up being induced at 41 weeks and she was only 6 pounds 10 ounces.

I've left mine as what they have given me as my due date but the consaltant wont let me go past 38 weeks

No, babies develope differently, some grow taller or bigger then others. It doesn't change conception date so due date remains the same.
I actually asked my mw that during the last appointment so that is her answer ;) due dates don't get moved around after the dating scan just development can be different.

Definitely not. What if a baby was growth restricted and was measuring tiny, u wouldn't just Chang the due date to later and leave it in there.

In the uk,u have ur dating scan at 12 weeks and that is ur due date. It will never be changed after that point, baby may just be measuring big or small but that's an indication of its well being and possibly problems (GD, IUGR etc) x

Nope. I know when I conceived. Even if the baby was measuring off by a week in either direction, I still wouldn't change it. Certainly not for a day or two. Babies can grow at different rates in the womb, just like they can on the outside.

I see ladies changing their dates all the time, and it must be so confusing. It's especially weird when it's someone who knew very early that they were pregnant. It couldn't possibly be that off if you were getting squinters at 10dpo, ya know?

Now with my first two pregnancies I was young and I didn't find out I was pregnant until like 6-7 weeks each time. I wasn't sure when they were conceived at all, so I took the doctor's word for it on my due date and listened whenever they changed it. I was one day "late" with my first and five days "late" with my second. I'm curious to see how things go regarding the due date with this one, since I know exactly when she was conceived. :)

I'm expecting twins so they will come atleast 3 weeks early and they are measuring small but still sticking with my due date x

According to my ovulation and date of conception I would be due Nov 16th. At the beginning my ultrasounds were saying I would be due on Nov 10th, I never changed my ticker and I still didn't believe Nov 10th. At my last two ultrasounds (one around week 18 and one at 20 weeks) they both were right on Nov 16th! So it fluctuates, but the very first ultrasound you get, or your conception date, are (from what I've heard) usually the most accurate.

I don't. From ovulation i got a due date of november 29, first ultrasound gave november 28 and that's been set ever since.
My OB however isn't one to be too particular about measuring some days behind or ahead, since variations are so normal. In the beginning they're so small that position and things like that can make such a difference and then from 12 weeks on some babys just grow quicker or not as quick.

I think baby girl will stay in until december anyways :rofl:

Pregnancy dating is based on the woman's LMP and/or the earliest ultrasound measurements - it doesn't change with each new scan. Size variability only becomes more pronounced as baby gets bigger so later ultrasounds are progressively less reliable for dating.

Guyssss i know your EDD does not change lol, but I did not know if some change it to follow what LO is measuring on the scan that's all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->