Do you ever picture yourself in your mind holding your newborn baby ?

Hobnob

Mummy to a girl, TTC #2
Reaction score
Try as I might, I can picture my DH holding a baby but for some reason I just can't picture me holding our child. Over the last few days I've been increasingly worried about TTC and I just have the most overwhelming feeling that having a baby isn't going to happen for us, not sure why.:sad2:

i sometimes think like that, its easy to think of the worst hun, u just have to try and be positive until it happens! i bet in 5-6 months ish time wen u ttc u will look back on what u said and will smile because u got a bfp! xx

aww hun! xxx

I have been able to mainly because I have a picture of me holding my newborn neice and so I can see me holding my own little baby one day! :) x

i sometimes think like that, its easy to think of the worst hun, u just have to try and be positive until it happens! i bet in 5-6 months ish time wen u ttc u will look back on what u said and will smile because u got a bfp! xx

I so hope you're right! :)

aww hun! xxx

I have been able to mainly because I have a picture of me holding my newborn neice and so I can see me holding my own little baby one day! :) x

Now see, I've tons of pics of me holding our nephews and nieces, and also friends babies too but I just have this feeling that its just not going to happen for us, not sure why.

Hey ho, I need to hold my chin up and be a lot more positive I think

Ah hun, we all have days like this. We are NTNP as you know and I still worry about my fertility etc as it is such a HUGE thing and really, one of the few things in life that we have no real control over. Team that with it being one of the things tha twe all want most and you have a recipe for non sensible thinking!

I am sure it will happen for you hun, you will make a wonderful mummy :hugs:

xxx

I day dream about just after iv given birth at home in a water birth that oh is sat behind me and wev got baby on my chest and they start to bf with me and OH holding them.

Wishfull thinking i suppose

I do, i day dream about it, and just hope and pray it comes true!
x

I daydream and dream at night about this, but actually its the other way around. I can see me holding a LO, but I just can't seem to see DH with a newborn. Probably because he's never held a newborn (about 4-5 months was the youngest) whereas I have held loads.

I also have down days where I think that maybe I am just getting my hopes up and what if it doesn't happen for us... but then I slap my wrist and move on because thinking like this will do nobody and good.

It will happen for you hun, I am sure of it. I'm also pretty convinced it will probably be about the same time as me, after all, we're starting to try at the same time... and only 5 and a bit months! :happydance:

Chin up, it will happen and then you will be wondering what you were worrying about.

I don't picture myself with a newborn - normally its a slightly older baby for some reason (a month?). My most common daydream is taking the baby in to work (also where DH works) to introduce them to everyone. Watching DH take him/her and just being fantastic while I have a little sit down rest and a chat to catch up for 20 mins during lunch time. Then putting them back in their little car seat and going home.

I can't picture me or OH holding a LO at all right now. Maybe it's because we're not ready but it doesn't really worry me at the moment. I'm sure you're just being paranoid and that it will happen for you :hugs:

Ah hun, we all have days like this. We are NTNP as you know and I still worry about my fertility etc as it is such a HUGE thing and really, one of the few things in life that we have no real control over. Team that with it being one of the things tha twe all want most and you have a recipe for non sensible thinking!

I am sure it will happen for you hun, you will make a wonderful mummy :hugs:

xxx

Thanks for your lovely words, I'm sure I was just having a little irrational moment :D

I daydream and dream at night about this, but actually its the other way around. I can see me holding a LO, but I just can't seem to see DH with a newborn. Probably because he's never held a newborn (about 4-5 months was the youngest) whereas I have held loads.

I also have down days where I think that maybe I am just getting my hopes up and what if it doesn't happen for us... but then I slap my wrist and move on because thinking like this will do nobody and good.

It will happen for you hun, I am sure of it. I'm also pretty convinced it will probably be about the same time as me, after all, we're starting to try at the same time... and only 5 and a bit months! :happydance:

Chin up, it will happen and then you will be wondering what you were worrying about.

Glad to see that I'm not the only person to feel this way :D I really hope we do get pregnant at around the same time, its nice to find someone with whom I can share this journey. We can keep each other sane :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->