Do you fold the insert inside your pocket nappies?

jenstar

Reaction score
I've recently changed to pocket nappies and to start with, out of habit I think, I was folding over the insert as I stuffed the nappies so there was a double layer for absorbency at the front. (I have a little boy.) Then I stopped doing it and I haven't noticed a difference in how long the nappies last. So do you fold your inserts for extra absorbency at the front for boys and do you think it improves them?

I don't fold.
I use a little lamb bamboo booster more up front, and a microfleece insert.
They can last me anywhere between 3-4 hours (except this morning when he decided to have a PowerWee just after I put him in new trousers :dohh:)

I don't fold my inserts. Though I have a girl, so not sure if that really helps answer your question :blush:

I don't fold the insert, but I do add a folded bamboo booster up front under the insert. If I boost with hemp I don't fold.

I don't normally use pockets but when I do, it's a BGV3 where you fold over the end of the insert for the middle rise setting. There's not much folded over but I do put it at the front and put the newborn insert/booster up against it at the front too, as although she's a girl my LO wets to the front. I do the same with my Flips - we fold the insert at the end for the middle setting, so I put that at the front. I'm not sure if it makes any difference really but I think it must be more comfortable to lie on her back like that anyway.

Yep I fold.

For my Flips and BG V3/V4s I fold to the middle setting then put it to the front. It's only an inch of double though. And with all my pockets I do as Mary Jo does and add a folded bamboo booster under the main insert at the front, too.

Mary Jo, love the new pic!

Mary Jo, love the new pic!

Thank you! :flower: I love it, too.

Rereading this I remember, heh, I do fold Flip and BG V4 inserts to fit, as we have them on the middle setting, and the folded little bit is at the front. I still add a bamboo booster with the V4 even though it makes it a bit too bulky.

Seems most people do give an extra layer or two at the front. Maybe this baby isn't too heavy a wetter. A fuzzi bunz with one small unfolded microfibre insert lasts him 3 hrs if no poo. Don't think I'll bother folding for now and enjoy the slim fit of these nappies; I can always start folding over later if needs be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->