Do you give Tylenol without a fever?

DobbyForever

Done with One
Reaction score
My poor kiddo is sick again as am I. He’s warm to the touch, but two different thermometers all read no fever/not even close to fever. But he is so achy and miserable at some points and whimpers with his i’m In pain cry. I’m also sick with no fever. I’m achy, have a headache, and miserable at work and home. I took two Advil this morning and felt better for 6 hours. I try to avoid medicating him/myself unnecessarily but last night every time I set him down he cried and rolled around in fetal position until I gave him Tylenol and then he was fine and fell asleep. So Idk =\

So i’m Wondering who gives Tylenol when a baby is just sick and miserable but no fever?
And if you don’t, any tips on how to make him feel better? We have a humidifier. I give him a lotion massage every morning. He sleeps right next to my bed so somethings I put my hand in and he just hugs it

I've given dd medicine when we've both had a cold with a headache as she was rubbing her head in the same place mine hurt. I don't always give a full dose if there's no fever, sounds like he needs the edge taken off the pain to be able to settle at night. Hope you both feel better soon

Yes, definitely. It's not just a fever reducer, it's also a pain reliever as you don't want them miserable and in pain. I would say 80% of the time it's not for a fever.

Tybladies! I never considered using a smaller dose. And yeah I use Advil/Tylenol more often for pain relief but I hadn’t heard that for babies so I wasn’t sure if the rules/expectations were different lol

Absolutely. It’s a pain reliever! Sometimes when my kids are ornery and I can’t figure out what’s wrong with them I’ll give Tylenol or ibuprofen (depending on their age). It’s not like it’s going to hurt them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->