Do you have a stand mixer?

Pearls18

Reaction score
The Great British Bake Off has gotten me in a baking mood, I have seen a stand mixer for sale on groupon that is a good price, it won't be a kenwood or kitchen aid lol can't quite justify that for the odd baking mood, but was just wondering how useful they are? What do you use them for? Definitely worth buying? Is a good price for a mixer but still a good chunk of money to waste if it isn't used!

I don't, but if I had the money and the space I'd love one! But I do bake every weekend x

I've got one that wasn't particularly expensive and has been going strong for about 7 years perhaps even longer?! I love it, definitely worth buying in my opinion, much quicker and easier (I only use it to make cakes)....

The breadmaker on the other hand.... :dohh:

I have one and I use it all the time. Mostly I use it for cakes and buttercream - it's a godsend for buttercream! I also use it for kneading bread and scones and will use it for pizza dough when I get around to making it. I have had it for about a year, and I've had an unbelievable amount of use out of it - I can definitely recommend one. I don't know what I'd do without it now! x

Mine is regularly used. I have a kenwood prospero (£190 in Argos) and it came with a food processor and a blender attachment so it has lots of uses other than just the mixing! :thumbup:

Thanks ladies, I ordered this one in cream

https://www.james-russell.co.uk/buy.cfm/kitchen-gadgets/stand-mixer/76/yes/63933?getimage=2

But with a groupon voucher for £89 instead of £299 (I'm always dubious that things are actually worth their full price when you can get them that much cheaper even if it is groupon!) I hope it's a good one but I am a bit of an amateur so hopefully it's a good starter, going to start baking more on maternity leave :)

Oooh I'm so jealous that's lovely! I'd love one but can't justify it right now I'm skint!! I bake about once a week but without one my arm gets a work out, esp making butter cream. Only prob is if I did have one I'd bake all the time and put on 5 stone!!

Oooh I'm so jealous that's lovely! I'd love one but can't justify it right now I'm skint!! I bake about once a week but without one my arm gets a work out, esp making butter cream. Only prob is if I did have one I'd bake all the time and put on 5 stone!!

Lol I am worried about this as being at home and baking probably isn't the best recipe (excuse the pun) for weight loss after baby :/ il have to look up some healthy ideas.....yeah right!

I do not live in the UK, but I have a KitchenAid artisan stand mixer, in pewter. I use it all the time, but I love to cook and bake. I have attachments for it and I use the dough hook, and balloon whisk mostly. It is fab for me, but it depends on how much you will use it.

Ooh that's really nice! I would love one but don't have the pennies xx

Lol maybe the odd healthy recipie every now and again....carrot cake is healthy right? With the cream cheese frosting its just one of your 5 a day with added dairy!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->