do you think hes getting enough?

louise1302

mum to FIVE boys :)
Reaction score
archie has been weaning for a few weeks not(hes almost 5m) and just lately because hes sleeping through im woirrying that hes not eating enough...his weight gain seems ok i think just under 2lb in 6 weeks he has:

7am 4oz milk(wysoy)..i offer him 8 but he never takes more than 4-5

9am baby cereal made with 3oz wysoy

12pm hipp organic friut jar or same amount of homemade friut puree +4oz juice

4-5pm homemade veg puree or hipp organic veg jar+ 4oz juice

7 30pm-8pm 8oz wysoy

i just doesnt seem a lot compared to the mountains of bottles he used to have and technically hes only getting about 15oz of milk in the day(although now and again he will take about 4oz of milk mid afternnon but this is rare)

any advice appreciated

I'd think he probably needs more milk still to be honest. From what I understand they still get most of their nutrients from milk until they're a bit older. I remember reading somewhere that babies should still take about 400 - 600ml of milk each day until they're about a year old - normally by hte time they're 9 months that should just be a bottle in the morning and one before bed - can't remember where I heard this though?

Alex is just over 5 months and follows a similar routine to Archie but has milk with his solid foods. I give him his milk first and then feed him his solid food that way he doesn't get too full on the solids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->