• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Do you think this could be my waters? (37+2)

Sophie1234

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Ive just gotton up to go pee, its 2:10am here (uk). Went as usual but felt as if i must have been desperate iykwim. Anyway just because something felt different i tried to stop the flow of my wee (ive not got great bladder control but normally can do this) and i couldnt stop the flow of fluid even by standing over the toilet! Immediately after it stopped baby got hiccups and is now quite active (whereas she wasnt before). Do you think this could have been my waters or just that desperate i couldnt stop my flow or urine?

Thanks x

If u can put a pad on and see if it gets wet if it does and u didn't pee it may b ur waters

Good luck hun if it is your waters let us know how you get on!x

Mw can do a test to see if any fluid that leaks now amniotic fluid from inside the sack hence waters broken. Women often mistake urine as waters breaking as towards the end if baby finds the right spot and pushes hard enough on ur bladder a women can wee herself. Unfortunately the joys of pg lol. U should leak a little bit more if it was ur waters but like I sed u can get cheacked quickly by ur mw. Always best t check.

Thank you everyone. Had some slight period type pains when I tried to go back to sleep. I did put a pad on, but its not wet so I guess it was just urine :blush:

Still having some on/off pains, just wish this little madam would decide once and for all if she is coming or not lol. Sick of being in limbo! Joys of late pregnancy lol!:haha:

So after no further gushes yesterday, and just slight dampness in undies (not soaking or wetting a pad) i just thought i had peed.

Well went to the toilet to pee last night (11:15) and experienced the same gushing sensation. Wasnt as much this time ao just assumed it had happened again. Well, i then woke up to pee again around (1:30am) and felt the biggest gush yet (while on the toilet) and so i tried to stop the flow again (couldnt), so i put my hand down there to see where it was coming from and sure enough it felt very much like it was my vagina! Gushing everywhere. After this i felt a bit damp and covered my urethra and coughed with a disposable cup under my vagina to see if anything came out and sure enough it did.

Shall be taking a trip to ABC this morning as soon as my son goes out for the day. Even if they do say its pee, im getting anxious now as been more than 24hr with no contractions since the first gush.

Surely if its my waters i would continue leaking all day and not just feel damp. I dont know whats going off atm!?

You always imagine that these things would be easy to tell- but never seems to be! Good luck at the Drs!! Hopefully if it is your waters something will start soon!

I know with my first I woke up to contractions and had to pee while on the toilet my waters broke but I just thought it was a lot of pee. The only off indicator was that my plug came out along with some blood. Plus I was still contracting. When I got to the hospital the test came back positive for my waters breaking. Plus I was fully dilated.

How are things today Sophie1234? I'm thinking no news might mean things have happened for you?!

Hi everyone, thank you for all your replies. Sorry its took a while to update been so busy. I went to the hospital and they said they were not convinced it was my waters. Said it could well have been my hindwaters but they have no way to tell. I asked her to do a swab to test for AF, she said she doesnt do it after 37 weeks as im term (which i thought was a bit strange!) she did an internal said im only 1cm dialated, cervix 3cm long so nothing exciting happening at all. Since the exam though i have had tonnes of discharge which im assuming is my mucus plug. Very thick, snot like, varying from clear, creamy yellow and see through yellowy colour. Its been constant. Dull period pains all day, but had a bath last night which seemed to calm things down. Had very loose bowels (sorry tmi)! Got woken in the night with a few contractions which mounted to nothing, no pattern and tailed off but was painful. Just want this baby out now lol. Xx

Aaaw fingers crossed things happen soon it sounds like it might, good luck!x

Well thats just stupid they should swab because of infection go up get another opinion? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->