Do you think this is ok?

DonnaBallona

newlyweds!
Reaction score
Brooke will be 8 months on September 30th. She weighs 11lb 7oz.

She has two meals a day, so breakfast at about 7.30am and tea at around 5.15pm. In between she has milk on demand, generally 3 bottles a day and one before bed. She takes 3oz at a time!!

I was giving her 3 meals a day but i think it made her poorly sick and she started sleeping really badly. I cut out her lunch meal and she's now sleeping like she used to, so going from 7pm-2/4ish, waking for milk, then sleeping till 6.30am.

I realise she is not like most other babies her age so she wont be having the same amount of milk and stuff as them, but is this ok? Or do you think I should try her on a 3rd meal again?

Im not worried at all about her or her weight, and I dont mind getting up in the night to her as she'll sleep through when she's good and ready-but Im just interested in your views :flower: all input very welcome! xx

sounds good to me hun, as you say she'll sleep through and let you know when she's ready for lunch :hugs: have you tried finger foods yet as a wee snack? im just curious how babies get on as im not looking forward to that bit myself x

You know your little one the best! Go with what you think is best xx

You know your little one the best! Go with what you think is best xx

i agree! you should do whatever feels right for you both . sounds like she is doing just fine anyway:)

As the others say, you know best so stick with what works for you two.

I presume that Brooke is having iron supplements still? That'd be the only thing that could be an issue with her not having three solid meals a day but as long as she is having it as a supplement there is no rush to get her back onto 3 meals.

Maybe at some point you could introduce something 'light' at lunchtimes, maybe just some toast (if she is on finger food) and see how she gets on.

Sounds like you're both doing fab though :happydance:

Hey i think that sound totally fine hun, all babies are different and as she gets bigger just offer her more milk and eventually she will have enough to drop the night feed.

My Emma is 11 months (7 1/2) corrected and weighs 15lbs 5oz and gets 4 bottles of 6oz, odd time 7oz and a breakie and dinner.

She will let you know but as a rule i tend to go by her corrected age, especially as its such a difference in age, lol!! xxx

sounds good to me hun, as you say she'll sleep through and let you know when she's ready for lunch :hugs: have you tried finger foods yet as a wee snack? im just curious how babies get on as im not looking forward to that bit myself x

Emma took her time to get it with the finger foods but finally there!! Still doesnt like lumps but got the chewing action now. Had to keep stopping and starting as she had such a gag reflex and would throw up whole dinners, was a nightmare!! S & L just said to bypass lumps and go the finger foods, took a good 6 weeks though so dont worry hun if it takes a while. I was getting so stresses with the projectile vomiting!! Emma now takes toast, fruits, carrot crisps and obviously a little chocolate lol by hand! Had mashed corned beef and potatoes for tea!! xxx

I think it sounds fine hun. There is no rush with these things. Molly is the other way round :dohh: She doesnt drink what I would call 'enough' milk, but will eat solids till the cows come home. She will let you know when she wants more :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->