Do your kids drink milk?

Natsku

Reaction score
Maria has been drinking oat milk since she was a toddler as she used to be allergic to dairy. No longer allergic but hates the taste of cows milk so still on the oat milk but she most likely has Coeliac disease and oat milk isn't gluten free. I was wondering do I need to switch her to another milk or is it just no longer necessary at this age?

Xander drinks milk because he likes it, but my youngest has never taken any sort of milk since he stopped breastfeeding at 16 months. Does she eat dairy products now? If she's having yoghurts and cheese regularly I wouldn't worry about it. Will she have cow's milk on cereal?

Omar doesn't drink milk, he eats plain natural yoghurt every day.

She has cheese, and yoghurt occasionally. Haven't tried putting cows milk on her cereal though.

My kids will choose milk over anything, I would try cereal or maybe a tiny bit of milkshake mixed in?

DS1 loves his milk but I have to limit it as he has a slight lactose intolerance so he is only allowed it in the mornings.

DS3 still has 8oz of cows milk at bedtime and usually another 6oz at nap time too.

DS2 hasn't drunk milk on it's own since he stopped bottles at 14m. He will eat yoghurts, cheese etc and will drink milkshake too if push comes to shove.

Megan doesn't like milk at all and hasn't touched it since she was about 16 months old, she doesn't even have it on cereal!

Tom loves cow's milk and has about 150ml 1st and last thing still. But he won't eat cheese or yoghurt so it's his only source of dairy and calcium.

They definitely don't need it, my two will choose a drink of semi-skimmed cow milk (I don't usually buy full) or soya milk sometimes, not every day for either. But it's not something that I feel the need to encourage as their diets are good.

Me and my siblings won't touch it lol.
Well I do now because I get it for free.
I usually get hemp milk. My kids will likely be raised on it too. My sister is a soy milk drinker. My brother (now 7) prefers almond and coconut milk.

My two only have the option of milk or water at home so yes they do drink it.
I'd want to encourage it for as long as possible. Although if they have a good amount if ither dairy in their diets it's not too bad cutting it out. Mine have yogurts but I'd only every other day and they have cheese once it twice a week. So gift me it's important to give them milk still.

I've only ever used cows milk but my sister uses coconut milk and really likes that. She also tried almond milk but she didn't like it.

My son drinks it a lot, he does prefer water but he drinks a lot of milk too.

Joshua will usually help himself to a glass of milk on an afternoon and Jacob only drinks milks at Nursery, won't touch it at home for some reason.

They both have milk on their cereal and eat loads of cheese & yoghurts.

Both my boys guzzle down milk (4 and 15 months) we offer water, milk or weak squash to my eldest and he always picks milk, my youngest is only allowed water or milk and we still offer milk mid morning and afternoon, I was worried what "too much" is more so for my eldest but he's a normal healthy weight and eats well so don't see a problem with it.

My almost 5yo has milkin her cereal and about 50ml before bed. She would drink an entire glass but we limit her bedtime intake because she pees the bed if she drinks a lot.

As far as I'm aware it's not necessary after they turn three

Neither of my LO's are keen on milk at all. They have it in cereals, porridge etc but they're not keen on drinking it. They eat a lot of cheese and yoghurts though and they love porridge and weetabix which obviously is made with milk, so I'm not worried about them lacking in anything.

Nope! Neither of my girls have had a drink of milk since they stopped taking bottles, at 23 months and 14 months respectively.
Paige told me she took a sip of milk at nursery the other week... But only once, lol.

They have milk on their cereal and porridge etc

My eldest hates milk he will not drink it hot or cold the only way he used to drink it was from a bottle and I let him have it till he was 3 but now he eats better I make sure he gets his calcium in other ways

My middle son was milk protein intolerant til he was 18 months but now he can drink a small amount of milk without it upsetting him, he has a 7 ounces bottle morning and night he is a poor eater so I let him have a bottle and probably will till he's 3

Think I'll not bother trying to find another milk then if she won't drink cows milk and just stick to cheese and yoghurt for her dairy. She already takes calcium tablets as oat milk doesn't have as much calcium as cows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->