Doctor couldn't feel my uterus at 12 weeks

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
But he said baby's heart rate was strong. It was 137.

Since then I've been trying to feel it. I haven't been able to but I couldn't with my son either.

In the past few days I've finally started feeling heavy in my uterus and I've gotten some round ligament pain. Up until now I haven't had any cramping or stretching at all. So weird!

I hope that I start to feel something soon. I'm trying really hard to stay positive but sometimes it's hard.

Sorry for the moan. :(

Do u have a tilted uterus? Could be why he couldn't feel it.

Around 12 weeks is when the uterus starts to get big enough to be felt outside of the pelvis, so it's totally normal to not be able to feel it at this point. (Unless your Dr checked you vaginally, then he/she should have been able to feel it!) Hope you can relax! Sometimes we can't even get a heartbeat at 12 weeks as the uterus is so low, so the fact that you heard the heart means everything's fine!

Thanks ladies :)

I have never been told I have a tilted uterus. Who knows, though! Haha!

The doctor had a little trouble finding the heart beat (scared me a lot because of a previous mmc) but he did find it and said it was nice and strong and said baby was tucked up next to my pubic bone.

I'm a worrier anyway but then things like this happen and it's extra hard not to worry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->