Does AF always come 14 days after Ovulation?

Rose38

Reaction score
Hello,
Just wanting some info or personal experience feedback on a question I have. Thank You in advance for your replies.

I am on day 36 nearly 37 of my cycle and still no AF.
Definately not pregnant, not a line to be seen on the HPT and it would be a strong line if I were pregnant by now. :cry

Anyway, I was just doing Maybe Baby and saw full ferning and what I thought to be EWCM on day 20 and 21...so lets say I ovulated on day 21, I would expect AF 14 days later = on day 35. However I am nearly day 37 and still no AF and not feeling like it will come in the next few days even.

I do have PCOS so in the past have had irregular cycles or LONGEr cycles but that was more when I was 10kg overweight.....I am not really overweight now or not considerably anyway and usally have 30 to 33 ish day cycles. Anybody know what longer cycles mean. Some say high ovarian reserve but not judging by my low AmH restult :(

****So does that mean I did not ovulate on day 20 or 21 when I thought I did?
Does that mean when I finally do get AF i need to count back 14 or days (give or take a day) and that was when I ovulated.****

Perhaps I have not ovualted at all? However I did get tingly boobs, increased appetite in what I thought was my 2 ww (2 week wait) so I thought I might be pregnant, wishful thinking .

I do not usually experience any body changes in cycle accept a slightly bloated feeling just before and during AF and very very slight cramp sensations which are not even what I would call pain. Sometimes sore lower back and a bit moody during but thats it... Do not feel anything now so not sure when AF is coming as I don't feel it will even come in next few days....so I am lost.

Sooooo if you are still reading this post and not fast asleep LOL....I am thinking of buying the CLEAR BLUE FERTILITY MONITOR for $165 Australian dollars off ebay with 20 sticks. Just so I can perhaps pin point ovulation more easily.

I can't see myself temping even though I know this is very accurate and cheap etc. just because of how busy I am and I'd probably forget first thing in morinng however my attitude might change if I don't get my BFP in the next few cycles as I feel at 38 my time is running out.
Anybody reccommend the CBFM?

Thank you for reading my post.

I have been using CBFM for 9 cycles now and can generally recommend it although it does have a few glitches and not at all perfect. It does not work for everyone. I also chart and use OPK and it seems that CBFM is more accurate as I usually O on the second PEAK which can be either the day of positive OPK, a day after or sometimes even a day before which is no help at all! (based on my temp). so i am relying on CBFM more than I do on OPK. anyway mainly thanks to charting I know that my AF comes 13-15 days after O.

my cycle can range from 29-36 days. if you can afford it, i highly recommend the cbfm. it really helps to figure out when you ovulate, and therefore, how long your luteal phase is.

good luck:hugs:

I wonder what it means if you suddenly have a cycle that's much longer than your usual when you're NOT pregnant. (Currently on day 33 myself and am usually 25-29 days, and 3 neg HPTs so far).Has the PCOS had any effect on your cycle since you lost the weight i.e. since you got to a normal weight range have your cycles been a fairly standard length every time?

Well update from me which is very strange!
I have just had a 20 day cycle which I have never had EVER in my life. Having PCOS if anything the are longer but if fit and slim about 30 days. I am 38.

I think I ovulated on day 14 "ish" as I took an OPK on day 11 and 12 and Test line darker than Control...so if that is the case my Luteal phase was very short... 6 days which indicates low progesterone.

Now at age 38 I am worried that this D and C (shock to the ovaries) has put me into early menopause or perimenopause.
Also the periods are so LIGHT and very Mucusy and hardly last a day or may be 2.
I am so worried about lots of things now and feel time is not on my side.

Also today was day 20 and first day of bleed and I took a OPK (just to see) and no line at all for the Lutein, totally white.

Thank You for all your replies but I am still in shock over this 20 day cycle.

Yes weight has a lot to do with cycle length.
When i was overweight and undiagnosed and very sick and puffy, My cycles were furhter apart and eventually stopped.
Losing weight and starting metformin and getting to a good weight they went to 30 days or 29 which is normal for me.

i hope it all gets sorted out. i wish i could help you! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->