• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does an mc class as a period when ttc?

EcoMama

Reaction score
I had an mc on sunday, the spotting started on fri and then the full on bleed was on sun afternoon. It's now tues and I have some light spotting still.
In terms of ttc, should I count this as a period? Meaning I could potentially ttc in 2 weeks time?

Thanks x

I guess so. My doctor told me to wait another cycle to try again, to make sure my uterus is ready. I MC last monday, and I'm getting some cm already. It kinda sucks not being sure when your next period will be! Good luck! :hugs:

I did not count my MC bleed as a period and my dh and I were NTNP for the weeks between my MC and my first AF afterward. Lots of ladies catch the eggy before their AF comes at all, but I did not stop bleeding before my O came and I was advised not to DTD while bleeding from a MC because infection could happen. I bleed off and on for for about 10 days after my natural MC. It I got preggo on the 3rd cycle after my MC. My first af was very light but my second was super heavy--a lot heavier than my normal flow, so I think the "cleaning out" happened then. GL and I am sorry for your loss.

it doesn't really count as a period, and when will your next period return depends on your hormones, how quickly the remaining pregnancy hormones will drop and when your normal cycle hormones will kick in again. the best would be to talk to your doctor regarding the ttc again. how far along were you?

Thank you for replies.

I only found out about pregnancy whilst going through mc, and I haven't had af for over 2 years due to bf dd. so no idea how far along i was :/

I don't think so, I had a chemical 1 month before conceiving my son, they considered it as a period but lmp never matched scans. I was always 7-10 days behind according to scan.

Sorry for your loss xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->