Does any body have a Jr?

dizzy65

Momma of my 4 Boys!
Reaction score
Im just wondering some pros and cons to having a Jr.. my DH wants so badly for our next to be a Jr, but i am on the fence about it.. i was thinking of making his name the middle name but the thing is his name is a pretty strong first name i don't know of many names that go good with it as a middle.. His name is Jason.. So was just wondering on opinions on having a Jr or some name Sudjestions that go good with Jason as a middle. :flower: thank you!

I considered it for if we have a boy. I don't typically like the junior thing, but I actually don't mind it if the father's name is Jason (like your DH) or James (like mine) because I would just call the baby JJ. But I think you'd get a lot of strong opinions on it...not that it matters, since it's about what you and DH like! Good luck :)

I don't like the whole jr thing. I don't really know what sort of name you're looking for so I'm just gonna chuck some at you :haha:

Oliver Jason
Christopher Jason
Andrew Jason
Thomas Jason
Gabriel Jason
Michael Jason
Zachary Jason (although might be too similar to Zayden?)

Personally not normally a fan of 'JJ' names but if you don't mind it that could be another idea and I actually think these sound quite nice -

John Jason
Joshua Jason
Jarred Jason

My son will be called Zachary Jason, after fil, but like pp said it may be too close to zayden

other names we were thinking where

alfie jason
Thomas jason
teddy jason
Theo jason
Oliver jason
riley jason

what about calling him jace? X

I am not a fan of the Jr either, just that DH really wants it so i am really on the fence about it thats why i want to compromise and put his name as a middle. .i couldnt use Zachary any way as that is DH's step brothers name, I do like Oliver. that is a cute name, i am in to the more Unique-ish names :)

What about Jay or Jace/Jase as an alternative? That way it's still kind of after your dh.

I will have to run that by him and see what he says!

Pros & cons as you asked:

Pro:
Father & his family will be pleased
Tradition

Cons:
When people call and ask for Jason you will always have to say "big or little Jason" or something along those lines

It will always be confusing when ppl are talking and referring to Jason - as to which one they mean

You miss out on the fun of deciding on a name & picking a name that you love

You run the risk of someone calling him "Junior" (I know a few families that refer to their child as "Junior")

I personally would never do it. My brother is a jr (he's actually the III) and it was kind of a pain. It also seems a bit "out-dated" of a tradition to me.

I think using Jason as a middle name is a very good compromise! Or if you do use it as a first name, going with JJ. I think JJ is cute and gives him his own version of the name.

Jace is a good option too, as someone else suggested.

Thank you :flower: you basically just said everything that was on my mind at this point :)

I don't think you should consider Jr to add in your child's name. Go for a better and unique name. As for me I love names like Zac, Sam

Thats what i like to a more unique name we will figure it out.. i talked to him about maybe Perseus (percy or PJ for short) and it is on the table so we will see :) we have time! hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->