Does anyone do food to order?

bbbbbbb811

Reaction score
I think I'm going to do food to order this year, apart from cola gammon and some broccoli and carrots.

I'm thinking about ordering a turkey wrapped around stuffing, parsnips, roast potatoes, parsnips, potato dauphinois, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese, deserts. And some others so pretty much everything apart from the bits I am cooking.
Is it worth it? Or should I not bother? Also Where do you order from?

I think I'm going to do food to order this year, apart from cola gammon and some broccoli and carrots.

I'm thinking about ordering a turkey wrapped around stuffing, parsnips, roast potatoes, parsnips, potato dauphinois, pigs in blankets, cauliflower cheese, deserts. And some others so pretty much everything apart from the bits I am cooking.

I order my meat from M&S, its absolutely gorgeous. We have tried loads over the years and never been disappointed.

For party food i buy from m&s in my normal shop on 4 for 3 as it works out cheaper and i can choose what i want. Same with potatoes cauliflower cheese etc i think its cheaper from your normal shop plus you can choose exactly how much you need. If you have a sparks card you sometimes get £5 off £35 spend vouchers too.

I think the biggest plus to ordering though is the time it saves you. But as im having to go round to get all my other bits anyway it doesn't bother me.

I'm doing one for the first time from Morrison's. I like the idea that I'll get exactly what I want. I'm only getting a few special bits from there though and have booked an asda slot of the rest

I order my meat from M&S, its absolutely gorgeous. We have tried loads over the years and never been disappointed.

For party food i buy from m&s in my normal shop on 4 for 3 as it works out cheaper and i can choose what i want. Same with potatoes cauliflower cheese etc i think its cheaper from your normal shop plus you can choose exactly how much you need. If you have a sparks card you sometimes get £5 off £35 spend vouchers too.

I think the biggest plus to ordering though is the time it saves you. But as im having to go round to get all my other bits anyway it doesn't bother me.

M&S is where I'm looking at ordering. I hate food shopping at the best of times, so I was going to do the food to order for the dinner and then the gammon, drinks, chocolate/snacks and all the extras delivered from Asda. We are hosting same the amount of people as last year, and I was watching all the present opening from the kitchen and not able to spend any time with people, so I was hoping to save time, and spend time with the family!

I'm doing one for the first time from Morrison's. I like the idea that I'll get exactly what I want. I'm only getting a few special bits from there though and have booked an asda slot of the rest

I also like the idea I would get exactly what I want. I did everything from scratch last year and got an Asda delivery. There where a lot of subs that were not suitable and I had to go out and do more shopping anyway, which I wanted to avoid!! I'm was going to just get the main dinner and dessert and all the extras with Christmas get from Asda. Then at least the dinner is covered if I get loads of subs! Lol

I also like the idea I would get exactly what I want. I did everything from scratch last year and got an Asda delivery. There where a lot of subs that were not suitable and I had to go out and do more shopping anyway, which I wanted to avoid!! I'm was going to just get the main dinner and dessert and all the extras with Christmas get from Asda. Then at least the dinner is covered if I get loads of subs! Lol

Yeah all the bits I'm not too bothered about I'll get from asda. I do it every year and just just whatever we get we get and that's it. Looking through the book everything seems to be that bit more special and more expensive so couldn't do the whole shop like it, but the dinner bits would be good.

Last year we got the mains from M&S and it was yummy. I couldn't afford all the sides and DH prefer to do his own veg and potatoes.

This year I am not sure. We have said not to bother as it's just us four and the children don't eat much...but it's so beautifully presented and yummy!

We've ordered from m&s and did the free bottle of wine when you spend £85. We've ordered turkey with stuffing wrapped in bacon, sides and desserts for 5 adults and 3 children. It is lovely food

I usually do Morrison’s, I get a beef wellington for Xmas eve, some sides and desserts. But Morrison’s were hideous last year, half the order wasn’t available (baring in mind you pick up Xmas eve!!) I won’t give them my business again. Looked at m and s but can’t justify £60-70 on beef Wellington for 4 people so will probably do tesco.

Judging by how busy the supermarket was today (only need potatoes and milk) and the fact it took half a hour to park think I will be doing an order to collect at something like 5am!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->