Does anyone else cry when replying to new Mums?

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
I've just replied on two threads in here, new Mums-to-be worried about various aspects of the birth and after-care of their premature babies.

As I reply, I really feel for these ladies and what they are about to experience. It brings back such strong memories and emotions, that I invariably end up with tears in my eyes.

Do you all get this? And does it get easier? :blush:

I did too :rofl: I have to laugh at myself!

I was in Babies R Us today, that place brings back memories because i was always in there when taking a break from neonatal. I seen the baby annabell clothes and wished I seen them before so I could have got some for Alex! But it reminds me of everything and its hard to hold back the tears. Sounds silly but true.

I was in Boots earlier and in their clothes clearance they had vests and sleepsuits for sub-3lb. I really wished that I was less broke, I wanted to buY some to gift to our NICU. That then brought a lump to my throat (but I was in public so didn't snivel!) I expected it to get easier as Andrew got older :blush:

I think I'm getting more like this the older Molly gets! I think it's because it's more like a memory now, rather than being in the moment. I wish I had bought doll's clothes for Molly too!

i cried today when another mom @ my NICU asked me about my son's pda surgery and what to expect as her son was going to another hospital to have the surgery done and as i told her the story i remembered the doctors and nurses wheeling my son away and the door closing behind as they entered the operating room and i just like i did when this actually happened i broke down into tears.
Also i post on another premie site and i break down into tears reguarly when reading the post

I'm the same. I think the further I get from actually being in the situation, the harder it gets. At the time, we just got on with it and dealt with it because that was the only way, but now, when I think back to everything or talk about it it makes me want to cry.

DH and I started watching that programme that was on channel 4 on Friday night (The Incubator, was it called?) and we both found it too hard and had to switch it off after about 10 minutes. I was howling! I said to DH why am I like this now after coping for all those months and he said he was feeling the same.

I don't cry replying to posts but probably because I have cried so much over the first half of this year I am all cried out!

I do feel sick in the stomach though and terribly sad that some other poor person has to endure the rollercoaster ride of neonatal because I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. It is particularly bad when it's someone who's lo is a similiar gestation as my lo because they all seem to go through the same things.

Perhaps it is indeed as Katy says - we are so strong and try not to break down when going through our respective traumas, only now do we feel the relief and able to cry for what we and our little ones through.

I blubbed like a girl at "incubators" when I watched it last week (although the robot voice really irritated me)

I often get teary reading and replying to some of the posts.

And Dona's speech at the Scottish Parliament had me in bits.

I'm sure it will get better at some point!!:dohh:

I am gonna blub like mad when our tellyprog is on :cry:

I don't cry as much but little things can set me off like reading in last weeks press about the lady who gave kangaroo care to her child who came back to life. I actually howled at my desk. Another recent moment was when I stepped back into the unit to visit Katy's Sophie. Sooooo many memories came flooding back I just held it together. Thanks Gayle re my speech seeing you all cry nearly set me off.

Agi, you need to look out for a UK programme called either "Cherry Has a Baby" (its transmission name over here) or "Seven Ages of Pregnancy" (its original name). It's a one-hour documentary made by Renegade productions and stars Cherry Healey. I know that the Channel4 company have bought the international rights, so it may well make its way onto Canadian television at some point, but don't have a clue when.

They filmed the presenter and six/seven other mothers-to-be, all of different ages, to see whether their age changed their perception of pregnancy. I'm "middle aged first time mum" whose pregnancy turns dodgy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->