Does anyone else feel guilty...?

Carley

Mama to one and pregnant
Reaction score
If they don't eat healthy 24/7? If they give into a take away craving? I'm trying to eat healthy because I want to feed my baby foods that will help her grow. With my daughter I gained 60lbs and I refuse to let this happen again. Anyone else feeling the same?

Yesss. I am completely paranoid over every single piece of food I put in my mouth lol. I instantly try to figure out how it relates to everything else I've eaten during the day in regards to nutrients lol. What it is, what I didn't have enough of, what I could probably due without having more of...

i eat what i feel like pretty much lol. lots of snacks in the house for me :rofl:

i havent eaten fast food and such for over 3 years, i usually cook at home. so none of that take-out stuff.

I do feel guilty, but my arousal from chocolate takes away those feelings right away! Infact I ate nearly two McCains cakes in a couple days.:lol:

No guilt here, anything to stave off the sickness!

No guilt here either... The amount of junkfood/unhealthy food I eat is nothing in comparison to the good food I eat :D Because I do actually eat quite healthy and always have.

I've gained over 60lbs (over 4 stones) too, but it hasn't stopped me eating whatever I crave.

I'm such a picky eater I've always had issues over my weight and what I've eaten so yes I have a guilty feeling over most foods I eat although the past few days I've eaten more rubbish than in the whole 9 months and that's really pissed myself off!!

I try and eat healthy but I don't feel guilty if I don't. The baby takes what it needs. If anything eating junk will have it's lasting effects on ME so I'll have to deal with it, not bubs >.>

No guilt here either -- as long as the good outweighs the bad, I'm happy. I tend to eat whatever I crave, and happily it's healthy foods 90% of the time. Fruit, raw veggies (salads), cooked veggies, chicken breast, cereals, milk, yogurt, rye bread and eggs make up a large part of my daily fare. If I go out for chicken wings, grab a burger, have fish & chips or a piece of cake I don't beat myself up; like Blah11 said, if we're bad it's our hips that will suffer, not our LOs :D

To be prefectly honest after years of constant dieting im actually glad i can eat what i feel like for a change instead of drooling when i see someone else with a big mac.

I'll be back on the diet once princess is here so im calling it a break lol

EDIT - Now youve gone and made me want a cooked breakfast mmmm!!

Im also not feeling guilty, the baby only needs a minute amount of food, and ive been slipping fruit into my diet and drinking loads of water.
I am however scared of putting to much weight on, with my first 2 i went straight back into my old clothes, but last time, i never got back down, but wernt big, just bigger. So this time im being more carful of what i eat, but i am pregnant and i cant help it if i feel like eating a chocolate bar, or 2, i just have to make up for it by eating healthy after.

I started off quite well and i'd like to think i have quite a well balanced diet anyway. But...in the past 2/3 weeks if its sweet i'm eating it, anything from cake to pick n mix i just can't help myself! I do try n make sure i'm still getting my 5 a day tho some days its easier said than done. I do feel bad about all this sweet stuff i'm eating though!

I have to say i am the same :( Had no appetite on Sunday and didnt eat dinner or lunch, just fruit and i felt so bad because i hadnt eaten.

I feel so bad when i craved a Macdonals once i had to have then though OMG what will it do to LO. So silly i know but i know its bad for me, whats it doing to baby

Before I was pregnant all's I ate was junk food. . (chips/burgers/chocolate/crisps) you know the score. I've only just decided I have to cut down how much I eat :o All that junk can't be good for my baby. So i'm now eating fruit, and drinking lots of water. And having vegatables with my tea. I feel so much better for doing this. I just hope I can stick it out because I am putting on to much weight and I don't look nice :o I'll soon have no jaw line, haha. When LO is born, and i've recovered, me and my mum have decided to go to body classes, (legs bums and tums, bodypump) so i'm determind to get toned up, and looking fab not flab! :)

I dont feel guilty reason being I have given up alot of stuff I love like coffee, cigarettes, I have stopped taking sugar in my tea , replaced peanuts with almonds, brazil nuts etc and eat alot of good healthy home cooked food including alot of fruit and veg. I feel I deserve a treat when I do actually crave something 'naughty' which usually consists of 1 or 2 triffles in a sitting or a fry up with a pack of bacon and 3 scrambled eggs, tin of beans . I'm quite lucky as I have always had a large appetite and this gives me the excuse to eat as much as I can without looking like a pig. This is the reason I am trying to get DH to take me to an 'all you can eat' place for my birthday this weekend

Nahh, no guilt here! For once I have brilliant excuses: "I'm eating for two!" "Baby REALLY wants a slice of cake now!":rofl:

I think it's hard for me because I'm in recovery from bulimia...

I'm eating mint flavour matchsticks as I post! I feel a bit guilty but I'm rationing them and being healthy for the rest of the time. I think you need to eat sensibly and not go too far one way or the other. one big mac will not harm the baby. we 've so many things were told we are not to have that it sometimes does us good to indulge a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->