does anyone else freak out about being pregnant with #2

alex_22

Reaction score
I am so nervous sometimes, I mean it's pretty hard having just one baby the lack of sleep the colic the constipation the teething and then there's the perks of a toddler the tantrums the potty training the fussy eating the climbing, tripping, falling oh and still the lack of sleep, pretty soon it's going to be both of these in one and it terrifies me at times, I'm looking forward to all the perks watching them bond feeling double the love but it's scary x

Yep yep yep... I am struggling with my daughter at the moment so sometimes I wonder how the hell I am going to cope with 2! I guess we just go into survival mode for a couple of years :) Also are you having to carry your daughter at the moment? At the moment I am having to carry my daughter everywhere and thats making me worry if I could be hurting beanie? xx

My son is still in a buggy he is so stubborn it turns into a full blown fight just trying to get him to hold my hand I have to just keep hold of the hood on his jacket but as soon as he realises he has a melt down again it's really embarrassing I need to get him used to it but it's one of those oh tomorrow things, hopefully #2 is a happy and content baby well I think it'll have no choice but to be with my son he's such a strong character x

So scary! Im worried about how my little boy will react to having a sibling, he is quite a good boy eats all his meals sleeps 7 till 8 and naps 12 till 3 but this worries me as the sleepless nights are going to hit me like a ton bof bricks! Argh!

Oh yes, no idea how I will do it. I struggle going to the supermarket as it is. Trips in the car etc. Also feeling guilty about not being able to give DD 100% of my attention.

Yes I look at my son and feel so guilty for making him have to share my attention before I fell pregnant people used to say youll worry you won't love the baby as much as you love finnley but you do and I used to think well of course I'll love it just as much it's my baby now I'm thinking but how could I ever love another person half as much as I love him he takes up all of my heart lol, I think we can blame all this worry onto our hormones we managed first time round I'm sure we will all do it again (on a diet of pro plus and red bull!) X

Right there with all of you! This one was a surprised so I cried when I found out, and then cried more about what a bad mommy I was for crying! Lol I guess it all works out in the end?

I am terrified plus my LO said he doesn't want a brother or a sister. He just wants his mummy and daddy, he is going to have a tough time adjusting.

I am so nervous sometimes, I mean it's pretty hard having just one baby the lack of sleep the colic the constipation the teething and then there's the perks of a toddler the tantrums the potty training the fussy eating the climbing, tripping, falling oh and still the lack of sleep, pretty soon it's going to be both of these in one and it terrifies me at times, I'm looking forward to all the perks watching them bond feeling double the love but it's scary x

OMG I'm the same. First I worry about losing the baby then when I think about going to term and having the baby I worry if I will handle it or not with my toddler!

Can't win.

Haha I think this is perfectly normal!
Trying for number 2 was a much harder decision for us than it was with DD as seems there's sooooooo much more to consider this time round.

Our main problem though is that DD has always been the 'perfect child', only ever woke up for one feed during the night, started sleeping through from 8 weeks old, never had colic, has never been a sicky baby, sleeps 13 hours a night now and still has a 2 hour nap during day, doesn't really misbehave unless she's ridiculously tired, eats everything, never been a climber etc etc
People keep saying that our next one is going to be the devil child and will give us a serious shock to the system so were absolutely terrified now :(

Me too! I wanted a small age gap anyway (not this small as this was a surprise!) but now it's real I'm petrified about how I will cope! My dd is a good sleeper but not with naps, so what if I have a newborn that doesn't sleep well at night, then my dd who doesn't nap! I'll never sleep! And how on earth do I cope going out with the two of them! All day alone with 2 babies who both want my undivided attention!

But then I watch my lg play and smile at me and remember how it will all be worth if (just gotta keep telling myself that!!)

Hiya my little girl is 7m so gonna be a close gap!! I must be crazy but love idea of them bein best friends and close in age xx

We will have a pretty similar age gap Alex!

My daughter was a really good baby and of course has her toddler moments.. But we are expecting a littl monster I recon!!!

Some days I think it will be so fun lovely and exciting watching Isabella kiss and cuddle a new born..

On the other hand it scares me to death.. She may squish it..etc!!!

:S

I am! My daughter is 5 and I feel guilty cos its always been just her... I also seem to forgotten how to look after a baby!

I worry about school runs in morning too! Like what if baby needs feeding and we gotta go school!

I think its totally normal to worry... X

Wait till it's baby number 3! To be honest my DD just fit in around my DS routine but now we will be adding a new baby to the mix. Last night was a bad night DS was tired from school and split his dinner all over the floor and was just being a monkey and DD was crying because she didn't have her afternoon nap and basically just wanted the umbilical cord reattached then she didn't go sleep till 11 and I did actually think I am crazy having another baby! But it will all work out xx

Yes I look at my son and feel so guilty for making him have to share my attention before I fell pregnant people used to say youll worry you won't love the baby as much as you love finnley but you do and I used to think well of course I'll love it just as much it's my baby now I'm thinking but how could I ever love another person half as much as I love him he takes up all of my heart lol, I think we can blame all this worry onto our hormones we managed first time round I'm sure we will all do it again (on a diet of pro plus and red bull!) X

It's true you will love your 2nd baby just as much and then as month or so down the line you will think back on why you were so worried and that you can't imagen life with out him/her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->