Does anyone else have a "special scar"?

Menelly

Reaction score
I have an inverted T incision from my last c-sec, and therefore I know there are zero chances for VBAC for me. My concern is that the doctors tell me I need to c-sec between 36 & 37 weeks, and that seems early to do on purpose. Can anyone tell me if they've successfully convinced a doctor to go later than 37 weeks with a special scar? Thanks. :)

Hey Menelly, I don't exactly have this situation but similar I guess. I am pregnant just 12 weeks after my last c section so they definitely won't vbac me and are probably going to section between 36 and 37 weeks so the scar isn't put under excess pressure. Also, because they want this baby out and in NICU for cardiac observation.
Not sure if that's helpful or not, but I believe it's fairly common practice to go a little early if they are worried about the scar. My OB said they will prove lung maturity by amnio and then go ahead if all is good.
I'm sure your OB will have good reason to go a little early as it's not something they take lightly. :hugs:

Thanks Dr. Mum. <3

I just feel weird about doing a deliberate preemie. But I've talked to three different doctors now, and they all agree on the 36-37 week mark, so there must be some good medical reason. I doubt there'd be a consensus if it wasn't necessary.

When do you think you will be delivered Menelly? I think I'm lining up for mid feb so are you looking end of feb or so? We will be just fine I'm sure!

Yeah, Feb 24th-Mar 3rd. Every single doctor I've asked at this point has said 36-37 weeks. :)

To be honest that kind of csection is rare these days but does still happen for many reasons. ..I don't have a special scar but this will be my 4th section ans have been told that I will deliver at 37 weeks due to risk of rupture after this time...risks to baby are very small at this point most don't even need help breathing ect so try not to worry hun a 37 week baby is classed as full term but it's only natural to worry as will I lol xxx

Oh your also just a week ahead of me so we will be having baby's around same time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->