Does anyone else worry about this???

Mommabear29

Reaction score
I'm approx 5 weeks pregnant with my second child, with my first child I was so confident everything was going to be fine for me and my son, but with this pregnancy I'm so anxious, particularly of myself dying in labour :'( does anyone else worry about this?? :(

I worried about that with my first pregnancy. It hadn't occurred to me this time around since everything went well the first time. But yeah a lot of things can go wrong.

I do worry about this quite a bit. :(

It seems to be all I can think about, like gut feeling :'(

I worry a lot about whether the fears I have are based on intuition or just natural anxiety. I think part of my concern is that I'm not as healthy (quite a bit heavier) than I was with my first two, though I make better food and lifestyle choices now than I did with them. My other thought is that maybe it took so long to conceive because I wasn't *meant* to have another child... and now I've gotten what I want, but it will come at a price I don't want to pay.

I'm hoping that this is all hormone-related anxiety. I deal with anxiety issues anyway, but had gotten them mostly under control before pregnancy. It could just be that I'm trying to adjust to all the changes in my body's chemistry. Who knows.

I hope this nervousness passes for you and that you end up having a beautiful and uneventful birth. :hugs:

I'm approx 5 weeks pregnant with my second child, with my first child I was so confident everything was going to be fine for me and my son, but with this pregnancy I'm so anxious, particularly of myself dying in labour :'( does anyone else worry about this?? :(

I think about that. I always think as long as my baby is alive and then my other babies will have another sibling and my fiance will have his pair of two kids. I worry about something being wrong with the baby. Or passing away before it reaches one. All these negative news on yahoo about babies and daycare and all these horrible people doing horrible things to babies. It totally gets to me. :sad1:

I wish I could stop thinking about it and worrying so I can enjoy my pregnancy like I did with my son, but I can't at the moment. I hope everyone has a happy healthy pregnancy, labour and baby!

Feeling slightly more positive today, hope it stays that way! This pregnancy still doesn't feel real though, I have the midwife calling me later so I hope that makes things seem more real!

Mommabear I think anxieties about this gets so much worse after your first because naturally you are worried about your existing children being without you! I have awful anxeity issues and I very much have good days and bad but I'm trying to be one of those people who manage to think themselves into positive situations, I'm believing that my labour will be so good and complication free and we will both be ok, If I believe it hard enough maybe I can will myself into that situation! I hope that makes sense xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->