Does anyone have a Lo whose birthday is very close to Christmas??

Status
Not open for further replies.

lau86

Reaction score
My youngest was born on Boxing Day...
It'll be ok for a few years as he won't know but I'm worried about him hating it.
I guess I've just gotta make sure he gets the same as his brother?
Or do you do a half birthday? What about birthday parties?

Hi, my little boy was born 22nd December, we don't do half birthdays but I do always buy both of my children new garden toys at the start of the summer, we've learnt from past experience that having his birthday party too close to Christmas doesn't work as people are away visiting family or have plans so this year his party is on December 13th. He will be 4 this year and he loves having his birthday close to Christmas, and I do too it makes it so special as it is such a magical time of the year.

I'm the 22nd dec and I used to have a party a week or so before when I was younger, I loved having a birthday so close to Christmas x

My DH is the 16th. Never really bothered him but we do have trouble going out for a meal to celebrate. We usually book around now to avoid disappointment!

I was due over Christmas but he came on the 20th, I'm hoping that's enough of a separation but my goodness I was sooooo worried it would fall on Christmas Eve or day, if it had of done I would have probably done the party a week before, I don't think I would do a half birthday as it just wouldn't feel like his proper birthday in June and I love this time of year anyway it's great for birthdays, but I would perhaps do it on a slightly different day if he was happy with that.

My kids are all bdays close to Christmas (4 dec 23 dec & 4 Jan). We celebrate their birthdayson the day just like we would if in July :) no joint gifts!

My DS was born on 28th December, we don't have half birthdays just celebrate on the day like everyone else, I do insist on his birthday presents being wrapped in birthday paper. I do take the trimmings down and just leave the tree up so it's decorated with birthday banners and balloons instead. Although he is only 2 so maybe when he's a bit older he'll want us to keep the christmas decorations up over his birthday too xx

My eldest was born on boxing day 2010. We just do her party in jan so that way people dont do the joint present thing and it spreads things out a little.

My LO is May birthday but I'm a boxing day baby. Like others have said I wouldn't bother with a half birthday, my parents tried to do it once and it wasn't the same as it wasn't really my birthday.

The thing that I would do ask any gift givers to give a separate birthday present in birthday wrapping. I think a lot of adults mean well giving a joint Christmas/Birthday present but as a child you don't understand that even if the joint present is worth more you are only getting one thing. (I hope that make sense).

My best friend growing had her birthday Christmas day so we always had a joint party around the last day of school before the christmas break.

My lo's birthday is 19th December. We have decided we will put the tree and decorations up the day after his birthday, so its not overshadowed by christmas. He will be 2 this year so if he wants christmas decorations up earlier in a few years it can be his choice. Ill buy him bikes or garden toys in the summer but wont class it as a birthday present. Ive tried to shop a little savvier this year and buy toys that will interest him when hes a bit bigger. I got lots of 1 yr toys for his birthday last year and by summer he had outgrown a lot of them!!

Not me but my cousin's little girl will be 2 on December 27th. She will be doing a party at the beginning of the month. I buy separate birthday and Christmas gifts (as does she).

My youngest is the 19th Dec, she will get the same as the other kids get for their bdays. I dont do big parties anymore i take them out somewhere nice for dinner or cook them a specialty dinner of their choice.
For her birthday and Xmas this yr she is getting some outdoor toys that will last through summer also.

She is only 2 this yr so we will see how things go when she gets older, but this yr i will still have all the Christmas stuff up, ill just add some birthday balloons and banners etc so she feels special :)

My eldest are 12th jan and 27th dec. my middle girl especially had HER day, I don't want Xmas over shadowing and no joint presents.

My bday is the 14th, and i have to say im glad none of my kiddos are in Dec. As a child i had to always do the nativity on my bday (which i hated!) and then as i got older my friends were always busy or skint (or both!) because of xmas and now everyone is having their works meals/parties ect around that time so its hard to book anything. As for pressies i usually got joint presents, which was sometimes a good thing as i could ask for a 'bigger' present then my parents could usually afford but i did always feel like i missed out a bit.

My friends daughter will be 1 on christmas day. I have bought her seperate presents but i cant help but feel sorry for her. My friend is planning on just a normal xmas day this year and probably whilst she is smaller but i dont know what she will do when she gets older.

My daughters is may and im due number 2 in june. It did cross my mind before we decided ttc when he/she would be due.

Ds is 29th dec and dd is 7th jan. We won't be doing half birthdays. We take the decorations down so that it doesn't feel too christmasy. Ive also politely made it clear that family are not buy joint birthday and christmas presents. When ds is a bit older and has school friends ill probably do his party either before or after the school holidays so his friends will come. Because dd and ds birthdays are so close as well people keep saying that they'll be able to have joint parties but im always going to do them seperate so they each get their own day.

My birthday is 22nd December and as long as I don't get xmas paper/xmas cards its been ok mostly.............as long as the day is marked as own birthday

One of my daughters is New Years Eve which is not ideal but we try and keep the day hers---will be better when she is older I guess - not a great day for a party but we often move the childrens parties to weekends etc anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"