does anyone know, or is learning ,british sign language?

FsMummy

single mum to 4 cuties
Reaction score
ive enrolled in college to learn bsl and im terrified :rofl: i start tomorrow and i'm so nervous. it's something that has always fascinated me and i've always wanted to learn it so i thought sod it and signed up! just wondered if anyone could share their experience of learning it with me. thanks guys :D

I did level one last year. I don't know too much but I'd be able to hold a conversation with someone.
It's a lot more simple than I thought it'd be and it's great fun to learn :)

thanks, i was dreading you saying 'omg its so hard and i hated it' haha

Aha, nah, it was really fun :)
Definitely worth doing :)

my friends parents are deaf so i know enough to hold a conversation but nothing to amazing. My friend started the course to help with becoming a interpreter even though she knew SL and even she learnt new things. Good luck im sure you will love it! x

thanks everyone! if i do the 2 follow up courses (this is beginners one) i was wondering if it could help towards a career. not sure what kind of jobs there are working with the deaf

Not BSL, but I'm self teaching myself ASL through internet, books and youtube. It's alot of fun. I use it with my son. As it may be a while before he will learn to talk.

I actually read evidence to suggest that doing sign language with toddlers helps reduce the 'terrible twos' as it gives them a ways and means to communicate with you before they can articulate with speech.

I actually read evidence to suggest that doing sign language with toddlers helps reduce the 'terrible twos' as it gives them a ways and means to communicate with you before they can articulate with speech.

thats really interesting, i was thinking of teaching the kids as i learn

started today and i absolutely loved it :D

I am going to enrol through my work as I work with deaf people.

I have actually been taught most of my signs throug the people o work with as one in particular reads and writes also and loves sitting teaching staff how to sign

I can hold a fairly good conversation in sign now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->