Does anyone know....?

Hanskiz

Mum of 2 beautiful girls
Reaction score
..... whether you get af when your hCG hits zero or do you ovulate or do you start a new cycle?? I'm mighty baffled! I've been trying to find out what I should be expecting next week when my hCG is likely to hit zero and it's all a bit confusing!!
Some people say they've ovulated within days, others say you start a new cycle and should expect af in 4 weeks (and ovulation in 2) and others say af turns up immediately. It's clearly one of those things that varies enormously but does anyone have any personal experiences to share???

I'm actually sort of hoping for af as then I would have a tidy start point!!

Hi! Well I am not to sure tbh but can only tell you what happened in my case! I was five weeks one day pregnant when I began bleeding which was on the Thursday 24th Feb 2011 I had my bloods done at the hospital on Sunday 27th Feb and they were at 2.5 hcg. I beleive I ovulated this Sunday 11th March as I had + opk on friday and saturday. So that would be two weeks from when my bloods were done and hcg was 2.5! Which I believe anything under 5 is classed as none pregnant. Dont know if this is any help as all bodies are different and it may also depend on how far along you were when you m/c. Good luck!

Thanks...
So you just started a new cycle from when your hCG was down. If that happens to me It will be 8 weeks from ERPC to af. Hmmm. I actually feel like my af might be coming now which is odd, but it's probably just my hormones playing silly buggers (sigh) - just have to wait and see.

I had no af after my mc I just counted my bleeding day as cd1 really but I could tell when I was about to Ov as my cervix went really high and a I had watery cm so I used opks to confirm this although like I said I was only five weeks pregnant so it seems like my body is acting in a normal way (as if my mc was an af bleed) and I am just doing everything ie oving a week later then I would have done. I see that you sadly mc at 12 weeks so maybe things might be a bit different for you hun

I was 19 weeks when i lost mine. I had a BFN within 7 days (only day i tested so coulda been earlier) i dont think i ov first month as the opk never showed two pinks lines (one day it was very faded) the next cycle i had a dark clear line for a few hours at day 14.

This last MC my AF showed up 3 weeks later, and now I am on my 2nd AF 30 days after the first. I had blood work done about 2 weeks after my MC and my HCG levels were at 15. I had to go weekly to get blood drawn until the levels reached below 5. It took 7.5 weeks for my levels to get to 2. So...I still had AF despite higher levels, so I guess everyone once again is different.

from the pregnancy loss website

Technically, when things go perfectly, your first period will not arrive until four weeks after your hCG levels reach zero. Since most women will not be tested all the way to zero (which on your forms would show as "less than 5"), you will not know exactly when this will happen. In a normal recovery, it can take three weeks for the hormone chain to fire up again, and it will not be marked by bleeding or any physical symptom. You will only know that the new cycle worked by having a period at the end of it, between five and seven weeks after your miscarriage.

Below are the most common scenarios and symptoms that go with them. They come from a decade's worth of collecting women's experiences, from the easiest and quickest recoveries to the most elongated and complicated ones.

Remember that the day you found out about the loss is not a benchmark, nor is the day you began bleeding. The actual hormone change begins to take place either during the D&C or when the placenta pulls away from the uterus during the natural miscarriage, which is usually when the cramps and bleeding are at their worst. That is Day 1 of the recovery (but not Day 1 of a new cycle, as you will see.)

Well I have got af now. She came yesterday. My hCG was at 44 on Tuesday but dropping really slowly so if it carried on at the same rate it's still at about 15 now. Going back for bloods on Tuesday so will be interesting to see what happens.
I'm 26 days post op now so af arrived on day 25. Oddly it is right on time as though I'd never got pregnant. 16 weeks to the day since my last period. Weird how the body works isn't it??
FX'd I ovulate this month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->