Does anyone on here do strength training

misslissa

TTC our first!
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm really interested in starting to do some full on weights / strength training while I try to lose weight. I know gaining muscle is really important for fat loss but more than that I am so deconditioned due to illness mainly that I hate being weak.

I'd be really interested if any of you ladies follow a programme that you could perhaps recommend?

Thanks in advance

Hi i use weights but not got into it properly yet, everything ive heard about women using weights is good, its great for losing weight too if combined with cardio, im trying to fit in 2 to 3 weight days a week and ihave asked hubby to buy me some more weights for my birthday as at the moment im using my dads smallest weights.

So how are you finding it, I would never want to go extreme but I really crave being strong, I'm not thinking Jodie Marsh bodybuilder extreme, but lean, strong, low body fat would be nice!

The first time i used the weights i shaking like a leaf afterwards lol but i felt exhilarated too and a combination of 30 day shred on and off and just using the weights on there own has made my arms stronger and when i flex the muscle now there is actually muscle there lol but im only a novice really, i want to get into it more but its hard finding time sometimes. And i agree although i admire jodie marshes dedication i dont think id want to be that ripped

Really interesting to speak to someone who feels the same, to me as much as I want to be thin I also need to feel healthy and toned. Not that I'd turn my nose up at being an out of condition size 10 right now! Be easier than being an out of condition 14/16 that's for sure but I do want more from my weight loss than just skinny.

What is this 30 day shred thing? I will google in a min and see. There was a plan I used to read about but I can't for the life of me remember what it was called? It was a 6 meal a day, higher protein type diet with weight training alongside?

Hiya,
I do weight training. Do you go to a gym, or have weights at home?
I do 3x full body weights workouts per week. I'm doing a programme called Tentigers Full Body. There are two workouts (A & B); one week, I'll do A B A, the next week, I do B A B.

Workout A:
Squats
Bench press
Stiff legged dead lift
Military press
Chin ups/pull ups

Workout B:
Deadlifts
Dips
Lunges
Dumbbell shoulder press
Single arm row

If you're not sure if any of the exercises, have a look on Google or YouTube for some demos.

When I first started, I just used the bar for things like squats and deadlifts (an Olympic bar weighs 20kgs on it's own), but now, I can squat and deadlift more than I actually weigh.

There's another full body programme called 'Stronglifts 5x5' (and there's an iPhone app for that too), but I've not done that one.

I hope that helps.

xx

I do a class called Bodypump part of Les Mills. Have you tried that? It is weight training. The routine includeds squats,chest,lunges,back,triceps,biceps,shoulder,abs! I love it. I try do 2 classes a week. Before I was pregnant this really helped me tone up and its fun! :)

i have been doing the 30 day shred now for 10 days and have noticed a small difference already x

Top lady on here is aliss!

i do both, love weight sessions.
I do my own stuff/plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back