Does anyone rent out a static caravan?

missk1989

Reaction score
I have looked into buying a static caravan somewhere like haven to get some extra cash. I have worked out that the costs of a mortgage on it and park fees would be £600 a month and maybe £100 a month for cleaning. I know people rent them out for up to £500 a week in peak season but what about the rest of the time?
Does anyone do this? Is it worth it?

My parents did. With all the bills (gas, electricity, ground rent, water etc), the finance for the caravan, and the cleaning bills, replacing things that are taken/broken and the hassle of being an owner - My parents decided to sell as it just wasn't worth it, and they had a top of the range one that they loved.

Personally I think if you have to take out finance it isn't worth it. You're paying for other people to have cheap holidays and you have to pay tax on any profit you do make.

A have a friend who used to rent hers through haven. It was nothing but hassle. As above, all the bills and breakages etc it just wasn't worth it

My nan had one on a haven site, it wasn't worth it in the end and they also ended up selling theirs! x

My Nan & Grandad sold their after a year because it was too much stress/hassle x

My Aunt has one in Sandylands and rented it briefly a few years ago and it was trashed so they didn't do it again! Now it's only family who use it - which is good for us, me and Charlie have been loads this summer. After she had paid for breakage and insurance/tax they said it's definitely not worth renting it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->