Does anyone suffer from ectopic heart beats?

porkypig

Reaction score
I've been having these on and off for a couple of weeks now-it started one night in the middle of the night and it scared the life out of me, id have a normal heart beat and a big forceful one. I've had these before, once in a blue moon, but was thankful that it'd be over in a tick, but since that episode in the night where I had a few in a row, I've been saving them pretty much everyday. I had an ECG and it came back normal although I didn't have an ectopic whilst having the ECG, typical. I has bloods done yesterday and am awaiting the results. I've cut out caffeine, don't drink or smoke and am quite healthy. Doc said it could be anxiety/stress related. I am a really stressy person and 6 months of sleep deprivation doesn't help. Has anyone else suffered from this? How did they go away? What is the cause of yours? X

I just had this yesterday when i got out of the shower it started and went on for a minute or so it gave me a scare i always had it also every now and then where it would just once and then go away but this is the first time it went on for so long and now it seems to be happening alot more today.they did a ecg today and told me to go back if it happens again. I am wondering also what is causing it

I just had this yesterday when i got out of the shower it started and went on for a minute or so it gave me a scare i always had it also every now and then where it would just once and then go away but this is the first time it went on for so long and now it seems to be happening alot more today.they did a ecg today and told me to go back if it happens again. I am wondering also what is causing it

For you, it may be as you're pregnant there's and increase of blood supply/hormones. Hope you feel better xx

I get these all the time and stupidly unlike you I've never been to the docs about it as its not all the time so is feel silly if they didn't find anything. My heart skips then a big one comes then its quick until it regulates itself. I've had this and random palpitations maybe about 15 years. No bp problems until I got eclampsia in my last pregnancy and never went back to normal. I also have an excessively high heart rate after having large amounts of alcohol.
Sorry I'm no help as I've never been to the docs!

I'm pregnant and I seem to be getting them. They are worse if I lie on my back or im too warm/tired. I think I have had them before though, even when I was really fit. I also breathe funny so wondered if this effected it.

Its like boom boom boom booo boomboom..........

But I am also able to REALLY slow my heart down to like 30bpm by relaxing abd breathing. haha. I'm probably fecking up my heart.

I've just found out I have low iron, I wonder if that's what's causing them as well? Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->