Does anyone watch ASMR videos?

calm

Reaction score
I've been watching them for a few years now. If you've never heard of them, they are videos where the person speaks softly, and pretends to give you a haircut, or they unbox a product silently, to give a few examples. The reason people watch what might seem bizarre if you've never heard of it, is that it can be relaxing, and it can also give you a tingly sensation (like the one you get when you hair is brushed, or when you get a massage). So does anyone watch this? My favourite is Gentlewhispering (for it to work its nearly compulsory to use headphones)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DaTtCkY0Rs

OOOH I wanna try tonight!

I tried the hair cutting one but I got frustrated because I used to be a hairdresser so I tried another- the folding clothes one.
I kinda felt bizarre at first watching this but I get it now!!!!

It actually was relaxing and I was almost happy to nod off!

This is new to me! I'll need to get my headphones for a proper view though won't i?

Headphones are recommended, for me they are a must, I understand that when they do a role play it can be be a bit off if you know they aren't doing it correctly. I have to say that if you get into it it can get a bit addictive, but at this point 1000's of people do videos so there is always enough material. People actually do use it for insomnia so it can be normal to want to sleep, it also helps people with anxiety, depression, chronic pain and negative urges. I'm glad you like it :kiss:

I can see why it would work for insomnia though. I normally find it quite hard to sleep these days but this helped!
Even if I did seem a bit crazy watching people fold clothes, but at least my drawers will look neat too :rofl:

Most people that watch ASMR just watch how others fold their clothes, they don't go on and fold their own clothes, you must be a tidy one!

wow, never heard of this but I am interested. Could you link me to some more good ones?

Its hard because everyone has their favourites, these are a couple of mines.

Gentlewhispering is my favourite, she has over a 100 videos, you can see more of her videos in the open post

Another good one is Sound Sculptures, there are never any voice, just noise, she has a very wide variety

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdofkPlu7j4&feature=c4-overview&list=UU6fzfWKde1lcgodpcP5rmkQ

This is VeniVidiVulpes, she has some famous role plays. She has appeared in a couple of magazines and has millions of views

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9e2ner9sE

And this is Libraryvoicesplz, talking about skincare products

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAe_ISAl_Wc

There are also many men ASMRtists, but for some reason I can't bear to listen to men doing these videos, and it gives me the creeps

Oh yay, someone else who watches ASMR videos!

I discovered them about 18 months ago after Googling "head tingles"

I've experienced it since I was a child, I can remember loving going to the local wool shop with my Mum because they always talked really quietly and everything sounded muffled and I always got head tingles.

I like GentleWhispering too, clothes folding, napkin folding and towel folding in particular. I prefer the softly spoken videos over the whispering ones (those just irritate me because I can't hear what they're saying!)

I have several YouTube playlists, and I've listened to this particular video the past couple of evenings and fallen asleep at the computer!!

Hello Niccal, I've also always had ASMR since a kid, its such a relaxing feeling, there is such a big ASMR community out there, even considered doing videos myself but I don't like the negative attention they sometimes get. I haven't see that videos you linked, so I will watch it today, thank you for the recommendation! I do remember the name ASMRvelous though, so I must have seen some videos of hers XXXX

Do they actually help with anxiety and depression? I have severe anxiety and a panic disorder, as well as depression. Its from my past but also im going through a lot right now. What do you recommend i start with? Im afraid to sleep so i cause myself huge problems, this may help!

People do watch it because of anxiety and depression. Its not going to cure on its own, but on the other hand, it can relax you in a hard moment when you feel very sad or scared. I would start with gentlewhispering myself

This one does videos specific on anxiety, if you browse her channel you will find many more, also TheOneLilium has quite a lot of relaxation ones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB8e8urQgaQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmyErfBnmG8

Well, I looked at a few but the kids were still up at the time. I might try again tonight.

I had to add that a lot of children like it too and it relaxes them if anyone wants to try. Maybe those when they are building things, or they also like the teacher role plays

I might try with my eldest who has ASD, would be great if we could find something to relax him!

I would be scared it would turn into one of those scary videos where an exorcist girl jumps out and screams lol.

lol! I know what you mean, but I must admit I have seen 1000's of these videos and I am yet to see that, you never know though :D

Then it might help MidnightFairy as I've seen people comment that its helped their children in the comments on youtube. It a thing of him finding which one appeals to him and relaxes him, could be a case of trial and error

I'm soooo glad I clicked on this thread!!! I didn't know what they are so didnt read it, but these last few months I've really really struggled to sleep and I end up on YouTube which doesn't help!! I'm going to try tonight watching these instead of pointless rubbish and see if they help me sleep. Thank you :)

Really hope it works Boomerslady :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->